Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
TTL, for $13.42 and delivery on Tuesday MamaBear is the proud owner of a hot pink knife! :dancingbanana

Now we can start the discussion of how much MB hates pink self-defense anything. :grin

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
TTL, for $13.42 and delivery on Tuesday MamaBear is the proud owner of a hot pink knife! :dancingbanana

Now we can start the discussion of how much MB hates pink self-defense anything. :grin
I have a pink magazine for my FDE X95 (Tavor).
Is that wrong? :grin

Actually, it was given to me as a gag gift and it doesn't work worth a damn in the X95.
I think it's a Magpul M3 (?)
I have now switched exclusively to FN's SCAR 16S magazines (in metal, FDE) and could not be happier.

I've often wondered about all that "muddy girl" pink camo.
I wonder if wild critters being hunted can even see pink?

MB, hope you get the pseudo-stalker situation resolved quickly and peacefully.
My guess is this guy doesn't even realize (yet) that he's in the wrong on this one - on several fronts.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts

Well, hot pink is fine if it matches your bathing suit.

I was hopeing you would find an appropriate color.

I have never had a problem with rust or corrosion, but mine are exposed mostly to fresh water lakes not pool chemicals. I don't bother rinsing after fresh water exposure. Mine get hit with Frog lube one time when I buy them. If I were in the pool every day, I would probably rinse with fresh water after. I always rinse after exposure to brackish water.

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
Well, hot pink is fine if it matches your bathing suit.

I was hopeing you would find an appropriate color.
First one to post a pic of Ursula Andress from Dr. No is probably going to get the boot...just sayin'. :grin

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My new hot pink knife is for the swimming pool only so it will be good enough. And it was even on topic!

Yep, Ursula is beautiful, but other places on the web can prove that. Thanks for the reminder for everyone, Scott.

:)

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
First one to post a pic of Ursula Andress from Dr. No is probably going to get the boot...just sayin'. :grin
How about we combine the picture with a discussion as to whether Bond is carrying a PPK or PPK/S in Dr. NO? Would that be OK?

:bangel

·
Registered
15,031 Posts
Mmmmmmm.......MamaBear

·
Registered
13,207 Posts
Mamabear, I am sorry I came in late to this. Immediately call the cops and inform them of the guys name, and the name of the homeowners association that ratted you out. Call the HOA and set an appt, with them and the aggressor. Bring someone with you. Wether it is a meeting with the HOA or with the chithead that is giving you grief. If you have to defend yourself with your firearm you will need witnesses. Make no mistake, you need witnesses. Do not go to the pool without someone with you.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Mamabear, I am sorry I came in late to this. Immediately call the cops and inform them of the guys name, and the name of the homeowners association that ratted you out. Call the HOA and set an appt, with them and the aggressor. Bring someone with you. Wether it is a meeting with the HOA or with the chithead that is giving you grief. If you have to defend yourself with your firearm you will need witnesses. Make no mistake, you need witnesses. Do not go to the pool without someone with you.
This is really good council. If the guy does anything remotely threatening, consider pursuing a restraining order, which will bring him to the attention of LEOs as a problematic and potentially dangerous person, and establish that a judge has considered him to be so, too.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I do not have his name. They have protected his identity but not mine. I will hear back from the president of hoa on Tuesday and will decide then what my next move will be. I will not be going up to the pool until after I meet with the board. Although I have a right to go up to the pool I don't believe it would be wise to do so now. The last thing I want is to give this guy another chance to finish what he started. I don't want to invite confrontation knowing he is a hothead and knowing I carry. It's better I stay away for now.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
or could always be this person is all bark and no bite. After all he feels safe with a broken lock to keep kids out of the area. Maybe feel out the situation by enjoying the pool only when others are there or they come with you.

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
or could always be this person is all bark and no bite.
I am a lone female who was tracked down and ambushed and verbally assaulted in broad daylight. Is that a chance you want me to take?

No one suspected that the terrorist who unleashed his fury on his co-workers at the awning store killing many of those he used to work with was capable of doing what he did. I have no way of knowing if this guy is just a hot head mad about a lock or if this will be the straw that causes him to snap.

No thanks. I will not go back to the pool until after my meeting.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Thanks for the head's up - just added one to my cart. Looks like a good knife for the canoe :thumsup
Yep, perfect for canoe or kyack.

They make a lot of different styles. The key is to get stainless steel and look closely at the blade thickness. Thickness varies by style.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
I am a lone female who was tracked down and ambushed and verbally assaulted in broad daylight. Is that a chance you want me to take?

No one suspected that the terrorist who unleashed his fury on his co-workers at the awning store killing many of those he used to work with was capable of doing what he did. I have no way of knowing if this guy is just a hot head mad about a lock or if this will be the straw that causes him to snap.

No thanks. I will not go back to the pool until after my meeting.
One thing that concerns me is, how did he learn your identity and you not his? Does he have some connection with HOA board members or the management company that they are now trying to protect? It could be that he was just first to get to them and to be the "squeaky wheel." Sometimes, the first to complain is the one that gets the protection. Or, it could be that he knows people either on the Board or in the mgt. company. If it's sufficiently worth it, perhaps hiring a P.I. to look into that might give you a bit of "ammo..." :grin in the event you ever have to pursue legal action against him or either the HOA or property mgt. co. Another possible resource are tax/property records. If he is a homeowner in your development, and you're able to get his address, you can look that up in tax/property public records and get his name and contact info... something a P.I. might be able to do if they're able to follow him to his home, the next time he's spotted. I would not do it personally, but someone else they aren't aware of might be more successful.

I do agree that it's not worth going to the pool, for now. Just hold off until the matter is resolved. Personally, I've used my development's pool, only a couple of times just to practice some "snorkelling." I can't do gear checkouts... the property mgr. doesn't allow it. And they do have security cameras in place. Ah well.

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Two other people were on the email loop. It was one of them who gave him my name. I have a suspicion of which one it was but can't prove it - yet.

I already know I can pull up any address in my neighborhood on the public real estate records page. Anyone can do that. The names of the owners are also included. He does live in the neighborhood since I was told it was another resident who put the lock on. You suggested in your post that "If he is a homeowner in your development, and you're able to get his address, you can look that up in tax/property public records and get his name and contact info..." And just how am I able to get his address if I don't have a name in the first place? This is exactly how I knew someone gave him my name. Had he been at the pool the day before when I was there it would have been just two neighbors at the clubhouse at the same time. But because he was given my name and knew I was going to the pool how would he have known to start there to track me down? The person who gave him my name knew I was going to the pool when I told them I was there swimming and noticed the chain in the first place.

The property manager trying to cover her butt suggested that this man could have gone to any public site and found my name, but she couldn't control that we just happened to be at the pool at the same time. The stupidity of this comment begs the question of asking just how he knew which name to look up? And if the astronomical odds are in his favor that out of the billions of names on this planet how did he just happen to randomly pick the right name? And if that is not absurd enough let's add on the impossible odds that this man was not only fortunate to find the right name of the person who just happened to live in his neighborhood, but he was also somehow able to break into the exact email accounts of those involved and found the emails that just happened to be the exact ones he was looking for about the lock. Yet this is exactly what the property manager is trying to convince me happened. Don't think I'm not going to bring this up at the meeting.

Here are her exact words after I left my first phone message:

"I do not believe this individual is aware of your name or address unless he obtained it in some other manner. There are numerous methods through public websites to obtain owner information."

She forgets that as I was leaving my chilly message that I specifically told her that this man knew my name and also the content of personal emails which was the whole reason of his verbal assault.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Two other people were on the email loop. It was one of them who gave him my name. I have a suspicion of which one it was but can't prove it - yet.

I already know I can pull up any address in my neighborhood on the public real estate records page. Anyone can do that. The names of the owners are also included. He does live in the neighborhood since I was told it was another resident who put the lock on. You suggested in your post that "If he is a homeowner in your development, and you're able to get his address, you can look that up in tax/property public records and get his name and contact info..." And just how am I able to get his address if I don't have a name in the first place?
I was suggesting that (if it's worth it) you might hire a P.I. who would try and tail him to his residence, the next time he appears at the clubhouse. Or, if he drives a car there, he (PI) could run the plate. But it's probably not worth it.

The property manager trying to cover her butt suggested that this man could have gone to any public site and found my name, but she couldn't control that we just happened to be at the pool at the same time. The stupidity of this comment begs the question of asking just how he knew which name to look up?
Precisely. He might have "looked up your info," but how could he have associated the name, with the face? How did he know that you would be there at that particular day/time?
I guess that's why I'd have continued to deny that I was who he was seeking... and then GTFO, quickly, not going home right away so he can't tail me there.

Here are her exact words after I left my first phone message:

"I do not believe this individual is aware of your name or address unless he obtained it in some other manner. There are numerous methods through public websites to obtain owner information."

She forgets that as I was leaving my chilly message that I specifically told her that this man knew my name and also the content of personal emails which was the whole reason of his verbal assault.
Then it is clear that your primary beef is with the "in the loop" contact who ratted you out. They must be connected to the "complaining resident," somehow. Secondarily, it's with the property mgmt. company (and/or HOA board) for not having better security at the pool, and allowing the guy to lock it up (and for covering up for the person who ratted you out). Like I say, my development hires security guards during the summer to ensure that only residents (and guests) are using the pool. There would have to be at least one resident with a key token to open the magnetic gate.

I hope you resolve it quickly and safely.

·
Super Moderator
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I went ahead and called the sheriff's department to speak with someone. They asked whether I wanted to see someone or speak over the phone. I said I preferred to speak to someone in person. So hours later a deputy calls and says he is pretty sure he can help me over the phone instead. At this point I already knew what was coming. I realize there is nothing law enforcement can do since there wasn't an actual crime committed. I wanted this incident to be on their radar in case he comes after me again. He told me that at this point it is just two adults arguing. I let him know immediately that it was one adult arguing and one adult being verbally assaulted, there is a difference. He seemed bored with the entire conversation. When I called initially I was asked if there were weapons in the house because they needed to know for the officer's protection. I figured this guy had that information so I told him that because I carried I didn't want to go back to the pool in case this guy showed back up and I was put in a position to have to defend myself if he decided to escalate the situation. I told him this man knows my identity and after the brazen way he tracked me down and ambushed me on the pool deck, was I supposed to just go back up there knowing he is a powder keg and be put in a position to defend myself if he came to finish what he started? His advice to me was to dial 911 if I needed help.

And that, my friends, is why I carry.

As of yet the president of the association has not bothered to reply in any way to my email on Friday.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts