Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Every single month of 2020 has been a new record. Word on the street is that June will be a HUGE new record. I took the NICS report and added some context. :)

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Here are the totals by year. Note that 2020 is only half over and is already more than 2009, 2010, and with the June numbers, very likely to exceed 2011.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Here are the totals by year. Note that 2020 is only half over and is already more than 2009, 2010, and with the June numbers, very likely to exceed 2011.

View attachment 68490
Oh yeah - if this table doesn't include #'s for June 2020, we're looking at a HUGE increase!.
Back of napkin estimate for full year 2020: 32 to 36 Million.

Time to buy some more shares of gun & ammo companies! (??)

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
OK.... let's make some predictions for the June numbers, which should be reported soon.

My bet: 4 million+

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Hot off the presses! I was CLOSE! Posted on the FBI site today, just hours after my prediction!

June comes in at 3.93 MILLION! Not just a new record for June. It's a new record for ANY month EVER!

So, for 2020 Year-to-date.... only half-way through the year, and we've sold more guns than ANY year (for the entire year) up through 2011 and almost equaled 2012.

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
I thought there were no guns available for purchase. What are these millions of people buying?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I thought there were no guns available for purchase. What are these millions of people buying?
I was going to be a smart-ass as reply with something like "Hi-Point", but then it occurred to me that there were probably the first handguns to sell out!!

Mid-thread EDIT: Geez, can you tell it's 5PM?
Such grammar and simple spelling mistakes!
Why, you can hardly even tell that I was educated by nuns. :)

Or, perhaps another smart-ass reply.... you guys remember that police buy-back last year where several people turned in non-functioning firearms.
One, with all the officers even posing in photos over a completely inoperative "assault weapon", or whatever.
THOSE guns. :)

No - Racer's right.
The (mostly) empty shelves online and at the local gun store reflect these record high NICS background check numbers.
In my view: A huge "thumb's-up" for 2A rights. (Now, we just have to hope we don't end up the target of a newbie negligent discharge.)

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Hot off the presses! I was CLOSE! Posted on the FBI site today, just hours after my prediction!

June comes in at 3.93 MILLION! Not just a new record for June. It's a new record for ANY month EVER!

So, for 2020 Year-to-date.... only half-way through the year, and we've sold more guns than ANY year (for the entire year) up through 2011 and almost equaled 2012.

View attachment 68493
I am puzzled by the comparison of numbers for years 2014-2016 versus 2017-2019.
I would imagine that more guns are sold under a Dem. regime than a Repub. regime.
I left out 2020 because it is a special case.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I am puzzled by the comparison of numbers for years 2014-2016 versus 2017-2019.
I would imagine that more guns are sold under a Dem. regime than a Repub. regime.
I left out 2020 because it is a special case.
Turn on the news Fish. People living in cities under Dem regime are dying at record levels lately. Dems are spreading this all over the country. That's why people are buying guns now.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Turn on the news Fish. People living in cities under Dem regime are dying at record levels lately. Dems are spreading this all over the country. That's why people are buying guns now.
In 2017,2018,2019???
People in cities are dying NOW due to POTUS' incompetent handling of the pandemic.

·
Registered
842 Posts
In 2017,2018,2019???
People in cities are dying NOW due to POTUS' incompetent handling of the pandemic.
People in cities are dying from having elected Democrat mayors. Each state is handling the epidemic locally. It makes no sense for the Federal government to be regulating Wyoming and New York the same way. Governors are better equipped to do that. Trump did not kill nursing home residents in New York, Coumo and DeBlasio did that. I am fine without the heavy boot of the Federal government stomping down on freedom. There is a price to pay for being free and being responsible for your own actions is part of that.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
In 2017,2018,2019???
No matter how hard I try I still can't understand Liberal logic.

The Dems wanted to bring in more of the virus by fighting Trump's border closings with China and other hot countries.

The Dems purposely spread it to the MOST vulnerable population by forcing nursing homes to accept Covid patients even KNOWING they had no way to isolate them.

The Dems are holding massive protests and riots where thousands of people meet to scream and chant at the top of their lungs to project the virus in a very efficient way.

Trump was and is against all of those things.

Somehow the Dems ALWAYS manage to project their failures on Trump.

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
No matter how hard I try I still can't understand Liberal logic.

Somehow the Dems ALWAYS manage to project their failures on Trump.
The block / ignore feature on the new forum platform works very well. You don't even see the liberals' posts, if you don't want to. :) On the old platform, you still saw that they posted... you could see their names, but just the content was blocked. Now, you don't even see their names. They don't even show up in the feed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts