Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Now I understand you little better. The very first semester of law school, we all read the constitution during our “constitutional law” class. I guess your law school was different.

Your constant suggestion that you somehow understand the nuances of constitutional law is the height of a misanthropic anti-educationalist.

There’s a rule I’ve often quoted that you might consider. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t talk about it.

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now I understand you little better. The very first semester of law school, we all read the constitution during our “constitutional law” class. I guess your law school was different.
And then you proceeded to let judges tell you what they thought it meant. That's the problem with modern law school is that it uses the case law method. And so when lawyers become judges they just go with whatever and one bad or erroneous ruling and you get decades, if not centuries, of bad precedent piled on top of bad precedent to the point where the Constitution means nothing. Which is where we are today.

Hint, I've probably studied the Constitution more than most lawyers.

·
Super Moderator
27,122 Posts
One doesn't need "qualifications" to read and understand the Constitution. Thinking that only qualified people can read and understand it is the height of elitism.

The document means what it meant at the time it was written. . And by the way, lawyers don't even read the document in law school.
Seems a pretty bold statement unless you went to law school yourself, which is doubtful based on the whole of your posts here on FCC. 🤔

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Me personally like to wait after Trump makse a statement to listen to what the news media say he said.
Like the Bill of Rights,
The Democrats need to tell me what it means because it does not actually mean exactly what it says.
It does say the Right to bear arms and I always thought it meant Firearms but find out that it means you can wear a sleeveless T-Shirt.
If you all need to know anything at all you really have to listen to the news, The Democrats and more important and Knowledgeable you need to listen to JACKHINSON.
✌ 😂 ✌
Ronnie

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
For as long as I can remember we’ve had the ability for a woman to apply for a temporary restraining order against a wife beater. He gets his guns taken away and always has.
I've seen the paperwork and the gun bit is in there.
Which basically means we don't need red flag laws.
What we need is to stop raising shitty kids.

·
Super Moderator
27,122 Posts
We need to create a society that, when they see a whack job pushing, hitting or abusing a woman they do something.
Anyone who knows me will say how I have zero tolerance for anyone treats women like that and will definitely step up to the plate!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Me too and I’m getting old but still will not tolerate. Back in the day you didn’t want me transporting you to jail, ride often got pretty bumpy.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts