Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
I love it how some idiot commenter below the article said "since when is burglary punishable by death?". Well, since approximately 1641 if you really want an answer. But all she really wanted to do was whine about this poor creature getting exterminated by his victim. I can't understand the mentality of these people. I mean I guess I can. She's probably an unarmed sheep and would just yell and holler at the guy coming through the window and if that didn't scare him off then I guess she'd just have to suffer whatever he had in mind and then later whine that someone should do something about this.

It must be nice being a liberal and not having to actually take responsibility for anything, always finding comfort in the knowledge that the solution is just one more law away.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
BRIANB,
:2thumsup
Ronnie

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
"since when does burgalary deserve the death penalty"
Maybe AFTER you welcome him in, have coffee and donuts and he rapes you! Play stooopid games......

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
My personal opinion is that Burglary, Home invasion and people stealing packages of of the door step after a delivery all should be put to death immediately.
Trial the same day and public hanging the next. No mercy at all for these people.
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
:mad::crackit:
ronnie

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My personal opinion is that Burglary, Home invasion and people stealing packages of of the door step after a delivery all should be put to death immediately.
Trial the same day and public hanging the next. No mercy at all for these people.
ronnie
A little harsh Ronnie - how bout murder, attempted murder : trial same day - death penalty next day
Burglary, home invasion : put them in a cage for extended period of time
Package stealing : public flogging. :2thumsup

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
A little harsh Ronnie - how bout murder, attempted murder : trial same day - death penalty next day
Burglary, home invasion : put them in a cage for extended period of time
Package stealing : public flogging. :2thumsup
I find it interesting that there are crimes that one can use lethal force to prevent the imminent commission of (or in some cases the completion of) yet those crimes are not judicially punishable by death.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Could we bring back the stocks of Pilgrim's times?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I find it interesting that there are crimes that one can use lethal force to prevent the imminent commission of (or in some cases the completion of) yet those crimes are not judicially punishable by death.
agreed. ^^^

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I love it how some idiot commenter below the article said "since when is burglary punishable by death?". Well, since approximately 1641 if you really want an answer. But all she really wanted to do was whine about this poor creature getting exterminated by his victim. I can't understand the mentality of these people. I mean I guess I can. She's probably an unarmed sheep and would just yell and holler at the guy coming through the window and if that didn't scare him off then I guess she'd just have to suffer whatever he had in mind and then later whine that someone should do something about this.

It must be nice being a liberal and not having to actually take responsibility for anything, always finding comfort in the knowledge that the solution is just one more law away.
Well... if it's an occupied home, it's not burglary, as I understand it. It's robbery, and there's a difference. Plus it's a home invasion.

Yes, lethal force may be justifiable, but it's a false equivalency to compare it to the "death penalty."

The death penalty is just that... the penalty (which is the result of a conviction) of death. They don't use lethal methods to "stop" the convict from inflicting harm on victims at this point. They end his life with intent and purpose.

On the other hand, using lethal force in self-defense is neither a "penalty" nor is it intended to end the life of the attacker. It's intended to STOP the attacker (from attacking). It MIGHT end the life of the attacker, but it's not the INTENT of the application of the defensive force.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
ronnie
Stealing a door front package doesn’t equate to killing someone. If you can’t understand the “why” of that, you need to go get some professional help.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
ronnie
I don't know.... I might be in favor of it if we get to bludgeon the thief with the package they stole. :)

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Stealing a door front package doesn’t equate to killing someone. If you can’t understand the “why” of that, you need to go get some professional help.
But, there IS a difference between a porch pirate, and a pirate that breaks through your front door or a window to get into your occupied home.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
But, there IS a difference between a porch pirate, and a pirate that breaks through your front door or a window to get into your occupied home.
Absolutely. A world of difference.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
A thief is a $#@&^%$ Thief and just wait until you or one of your parents have some life saving medication delivered and some piece of garbage that has no right to live steals it.
Anybody thinks one of these porch pirates won't kill you if confronted is a fool.
Have them arrested and just don't worry if they actually want retaliation on you.
Hanging in a public park is to good for these thieves.
Ronnie

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Well... if it's an occupied home, it's not burglary, as I understand it. It's robbery, and there's a difference. Plus it's a home invasion.

Yes, lethal force may be justifiable, but it's a false equivalency to compare it to the "death penalty."

The death penalty is just that... the penalty (which is the result of a conviction) of death. They don't use lethal methods to "stop" the convict from inflicting harm on victims at this point. They end his life with intent and purpose.

On the other hand, using lethal force in self-defense is neither a "penalty" nor is it intended to end the life of the attacker. It's intended to STOP the attacker (from attacking). It MIGHT end the life of the attacker, but it's not the INTENT of the application of the defensive force.
Exactly!

We don’t shoot to kill, we shoot to stop the threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,638 Posts

Been mostly off the net for a bit but couldn't have said it better than racer does here! :2thumsup

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
...just wait until you or one of your parents have some life saving medication delivered and some piece of garbage that has no right to live steals it.
This is the thing about porch pirates. They have no idea what they are stealing. It might just be a fruitcake that someone ordered, or it might be life saving medication. Our society in general seems to look at porch piracy as a kind of a minor crime, but I do not. Porch pirates could -- literally -- be putting someone's life in jeopardy.

Porch piracy should be treated like arson. There is, quite often, no intent to do bodily harm to anyone. Yet the possibility of killing someone does exist, and so it is treated as a serious felony. They should be considered equally serious crimes.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Dont at least the vast majority of those types of crimes have the potential of imminent fear of death or great bodily harm though? I get what you're saying, totally, but thinking that those crimes ended without something deserving of the death penalty (they stopped at the point of armed robbery, battery, etc. I would say rape, but I think if you can 100% prove forcible rape or child molestation, the person should be strapped to ol Sparky and the victims given the fun switch to play with as they see fit.

I dont necessarily agree with using deadly force to protect property, even in your home. The way the article was worded does not paint a great picture for the home owner, makes it sound like was killing over stuff, and while guy was trying to exit. He should have at least said "I thought he was coming for me" . Entirely different story at that point.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts