Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
That's been laid to rest personally. I bought a magnetic belt holster from a street vendor trying to get me to carry that line. The question came up about the gun parts becoming magnetized and affecting operation in some way.

Left the trainer g17 on the magnet holster for several months. The gun nor parts were magnetized in that time. The gun hadn't suffered any maladies being discussed here.
Of course you woun't magnetize a G17, that's one of those plastic guns. :grin

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I knew I could put my hands on the holster pretty quick, so here's some pics for your edification. This leather holster could be set up with velcro or straps and stuck about anywhere for easy access yet hidden.

The sig 227 is shown attached to the magnet, not a lightweight gun, but you couldn't shake the gun off without some brute strength, and it would never unarse from the magnet while carrying it on the belt.

For carry, the general consensus with customers and the shop guys was it wasn't acceptable.
Danger Will Robinson there's an unprotected trigger on that holster?

I was thinking more along the lines of when you take it apart to clean and the parts keep sucking themselves back together. :grin

·
Registered
55,202 Posts
Danger Will Robinson there's an unprotected trigger on that holster?

I was thinking more along the lines of when you take it apart to clean and the parts keep sucking themselves back together. :grin
The glock was periodically field stripped [ about 2x a month ] and the barrel, recoil spring, extractor, ejector checked for magnetism. Found none over many months of letting it sit on the magnet.

I'd think there were few people who'd be able to definitively answer your question about the gun or parts taking on magnetic properties as well as I have, based on actual experience and testing. :laughing

·
Registered
20,764 Posts
Don't know if I missed it somewhere here but my biggest concern with a magnet on the slide is the possibility of pulling the gun out of battery on the draw...every time i see the video of the underpass magnet and using it to rack the slide all I can think of them riding the slide...not good....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts