Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy!

I posted in the "introduce yourself" board earlier. People wanted to see the app, so here we are!

our app can be found here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.carrysafeusa.carrysafe our current website is www.carrysafeusa.com

Me and a few other college students have been making an app for conceal carry users for about six months. We were tired of gun apps that had poor UX, unnecessary features, and lack of updates. We are hoping our app solves these problems, and if not, can solve them in the future. Our dream is to build an app that conceal carry users can use everyday to keep them as safe as possible.We would like it to be a part of Every Day Carry.

Currently our app has two functions:

1. It allows you to scan an area and see where it is illegal to carry. We currently have around 100,000 locations across the United States. We plan on adding more at an aggressive pace. We are increasing our locations by 2,000 a day.

2. It has a section that allows you to see each state’s concealed and open carry policies. References has been added to each state so individuals can look up the laws themselves if they choose to.

It’s currently in beta ; the home page is not completed yet and we want to do additional work on the locations section. I am also adding hyperlinks to the state law section, where you can look up state laws to find more nitty gritty definitions if you so desire. We will have these remaining three things done within the next week , and want feedback before we move forward.

Anyhow, if you guys have any thoughts or concerns, I will be up late tonight continue working on it. If you have any ideas for features, that’d be awesome too! Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, when giving feedback. If we could have your phone model, we can debug any issues more quickly.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Just felt hinky to even open the site. and also I hate when something is in Beta!!! What the hell happened to just saying it is still being tested?????

·
Registered
5,362 Posts

1. I am in Jacksonville FL. Map function defaults to Orange TX. Map does not display facilities near me. Yes, I allowed the device to access my location.

2. List function also defaults to Orange TX.

3. State Laws function does not provide any information regarding duty to inform law enforcement.

4. Ads..... really?

Screenshot_2017-06-28-12-39-18.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

1. I am in Jacksonville FL. Map function defaults to Orange TX. Map does not display facilities near me. Yes, I allowed the device to access my location.

2. List function also defaults to Orange TX.

View attachment 43474
That is exactly what I was worried about, I appreciate the feedback. We can begin fixing this ASAP.

3. State Laws function does not provide any information regarding duty to inform law enforcement.
I will add this tonight.

4. Ads..... really?
Should not be showing in this version of the app. We are wanting to keep the app free, with an option to remove ads if users want to support us.

Anyhow, I appreciate your thoughts. We will begin working on this today.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Also note that in Florida, unlike Texas, if a property owner posts a "no guns" sign, that does not make carrying there illegal. In Florida the only places where it is illegal to carry on a CWFL are those specified in F.S. 790.06(12)(a), certain school property as specified in 790.115, certain hospitals as defined in 394.458, and in the Savannas State Preserve as specified in 258.157.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also note that in Florida, unlike Texas, if a property owner posts a "no guns" sign, that does not make carrying there illegal. In Florida the only places where it is illegal to carry on a CWFL are those specified in F.S. 790.06(12)(a), certain school property as specified in 790.115, certain hospitals as defined in 394.458, and in the Savannas State Preserve as specified in 258.157.
I have the app up and running right now and all the places you have mentioned are in the app.

However, it looks like there is a typo that should have been fixed regarding the reference section for Florida (it is only showing one reference) . I am fixing that today.

Thanks for the feedback! What is your overall thoughts on how the app feels?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,746 Posts
You guys have to go stand in the corner with the Blackberry users. :)
Got stuck with it years ago. :cry Wife insisted on buying it, then wanted to take my flip phone because she couldn't figure out how to use it. Gotta make the wife lady happy, and I don't throw out phones as long as they still make phone calls.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I throw out phones. :grin

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like it has real promise. Just a few tips from someone that has 40+ years working in IT. 1 - Never say an app is in Beta. Ask for people to do live testing. 2 - be prepared for LOTS of suggestions. and I do mean lots. 3 - Be prepared for a lot of grief when there is an option that can't be incorperated into the app. 4 - Don't get discouraged when people are complaining about this or that little issue. Just keep plugging away and you will get there. Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts