Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
I am looking to buy one of these. I did see on the site in the FAQs that not all the guns are new, some are Salesmen demo guns and they buy them discounted when they are done. The way they explain it is that they are factory new but COULD be demos. it also says if they have scratches or dings the picture will show it. I am going to call Tuesday and ask them about it. Looks like they are closed on Monday.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I may have to get this if it's new especially. They also have good prices on pmags for it too. It would cost me $520.98 for shipping and insurance. Pay the $20 transfer fee at my local FFL and $5 background fee for a grand total of $545.98. Add 6 pmags to it and it's a little north of $600.

They don't have M2 pmags and from what I can tell most people like those better. Is there any reason not to buy the M3 30 round Pmags?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No reason that I know of, however I think most of my pmags are M2 - will double check this. I've seen the M3s, i've usually just grabbed the M2 because they were a couple bucks cheaper per mag. I'll have to google the difference :grin

As far as new goes, the one I ordered before was brand new or at least shipped like it was - oil soaked upper and all the materials in the box. I removed the front site block/delta ring to change over to a free floating handguard and never noticed any wear, finger prints or the like.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
No reason that I know of, however I think most of my pmags are M2 - will double check this. I've seen the M3s, i've usually just grabbed the M2 because they were a couple bucks cheaper per mag. I'll have to google the difference :grin

As far as new goes, the one I ordered before was brand new or at least shipped like it was - oil soaked upper and all the materials in the box. I removed the front site block/delta ring to change over to a free floating handguard and never noticed any wear, finger prints or the like.
I'll save you the trouble.
Gen3 pmag vs Gen2.

Gen2 was made from a different formula polymer/plastic. There were isolated instances, not many in which some split down the middle of the back rib. Gen3 is now supposedly a new formula.
Gen2 also did not fit ALL or as many AR design type rifles as the Gen3 does.
Floor plates are now slimmer and stack more easily.
Internal track is slightly redesigned to better prevent any chance of follower tilt.

·
Registered
935 Posts

Thank you Sir. I figure it's probably new as well. From what I read Whitaker's is a great place to do business as well.
I'll save you the trouble.
Gen3 pmag vs Gen2.

Gen2 was made from a different formula polymer/plastic. There were isolated instances, not many in which some split down the middle of the back rib. Gen3 is now supposedly a new formula.
Gen2 also did not fit ALL or as many AR design type rifles as the Gen3 does.
Floor plates are now slimmer and stack more easily.
Internal track is slightly redesigned to better prevent any chance of follower tilt.
Awesome Sir and thanks.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
WOW! I paid $599.99 for a SWaMPy 15 Sporter I a few years ago. Shooters.jax has occasionally had them for less than $599, but never that low!
Geoff
Who wonders what happened, a S&W apology to the dealer perhaps?

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
I've got around 40 gen2 P mags for the Tavor. I've no need to buy gen3's to replace the 2's IMO, they run the Tavor flawlessly.
You and I are fine. It was only a few instances related to servicemen who put their pmags through tougher conditions than we do.
A few split down the back about an inch long. So they pro-actively redesigned them and the formula. No biggie. And in fact the majority of my AR mags are aluminum D&H that I got from PSA for $5.99 a while back. Those work fine for me as well.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I went and checked again. Their website isn't easy to navigate. They do in fact have 30 rd gen 2 pmags but they are $13.99 vs the Gen 3s at $10.99

Does anyone know exactly what mag the Sport II comes with?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Last time I saw one in the box, the magazine was a Magpul Gen 2, I think I have one Gen 3 somewhere...I need to organize and inventory my magazines.

BTW http://www.wildwestgunsandgold.com/ on the North Side of Jacksonville is showing SWaMPy AR 15 Sport Mk II for $519.95!

Almost wish I was in the market. Anyone have experience with this outfit? I think I visited once years ago while coming back from Georgia (the State people!) but I didn't buy anything, prices were standard for the area.

Geoff
Who has suspicions.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Bought my XD.40SC $449.99 from them. seemed OK folks at the time. That was in early '13 before meeting RCR at OTS of course.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Plus Wild West says "Will beat or meet any gun shop in USA best price Guarantee!"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts