Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,988 Posts
Great article! Thanks!
Indeed. Thanks for posting, CZ Man. However, the concepts discussed really piss me off because what they're describing is no longer a "free market" with a two company ammunition "Cartel" artificially controlling prices, just like the Crude Oil Cartels! :mad:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed. Thanks for posting, CZ Man. However, the concepts discussed really piss me off because what they're describing is no longer a "free market" with a two company ammunition "Cartel" artificially controlling prices, just like the Crude Oil Cartels! :mad:
It's called a duopoly and it's the most Insidious situation in the business world because unlike monopolies that the government allows to exist duopolies are not regulated in any way

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
In the end... if demand drops off a cliff (and it will... like last time and the time before that)... they can't eat their ammo inventories piling up in warehouses and taking up valuable retail real estate. They'll have to lower the prices.

The duopoly isn't new. Been that way for a long time, including the last ammo frenzy / shortages.

Supply & Demand will rule the day, as it always does.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I don’t see prices coming down any time soon. What they say about Remington is right, with them coming back online and adding to production, ammo prices and availability should be continuing to improve as demand tapers off, but they aren’t.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
I don’t see prices coming down any time soon. What they say about Remington is right, with them coming back online and adding to production, ammo prices and availability should be continuing to improve as demand tapers off, but they aren’t.
I didn't stipulate a timeline. But, those same lamentations proved to be false last time. And the time before. And, the time before that. Rinse and repeat.

They ARE continuing to improve. They started at 500%. Then 400%. Then 200%. Now some are dipping below 200%.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
, This sh-t is crazy, I can only hope that I get a chance to buy an additional 20K of primers just like I did before obummer's run on ammo.

·
Super Moderator
30,988 Posts
It's called a duopoly and it's the most Insidious situation in the business world because unlike monopolies that the government allows to exist duopolies are not regulated in any way

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
What the article doesn't really explain though is what's going on with the market of components for reloading, primarily primers and powder. For those of us that reload, primers in particular are like hens teeth. 🤔

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
What the article doesn't really explain though is what's going on with the market of components for reloading, primarily primers and powder. For those of us that reload, primers in particular are like hens teeth. 🤔
It only stands to reason that if ammo is scarce - because of a spike in demand, that ammo components would also be scarce. It's the same resource, unassembled.

·
Super Moderator
30,988 Posts
It only stands to reason that if ammo is scarce - because of a spike in demand, that ammo components would also be scarce. It's the same resource, unassembled.
I don't disagree, but I was referring to the subject of the OP article regarding if those two companies are trying to manipulate the component markets, too. :unsure:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts