Florida Concealed Carry banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I shipped the "MicroTech Scarab" that I received as a gift off to MicroTech today. I've moved my certainty rating that it's a fake to 99%. It will be interesting to see what I hear back from them.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I would bet they ship you back the real knife if it's a fake of offer you a big discount on the real deal. Having fakes out there hurts their business if they are playing the long game.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I would bet they ship you back the real knife if it's a fake of offer you a big discount on the real deal. Having fakes out there hurts their business if they are playing the long game.
Nope. If it's a fake, they will NOT repair it. And, they will return it to you only if you pay the shipping, AND they will literally grind off any counterfeited logos and labels from the knife.

With that in mind, on the service form, I wrote them a note saying that if it is a counterfeit, they can keep it and use it in their efforts to educate consumers. They already have a couple of "How to Identify a Counterfeit MicroTech" videos. Some of the fakes, you can spot a mile away. Based on watching those videos, this one is a pretty good "fake," cosmetically. The screws are normally a give-away for a fake, as MT uses proprietary screws. The counterfeit I got even faked the screws.

So, if it's fake, they can keep it and use it as they see fit in their anti-counterfeiting efforts. If it's real, they can repair it and send it back (and I'll pay for it). It's not real. 99% sure.

·
Registered
56,085 Posts
Back pocket carrying clipped folders can not only dislodge the knife from the pocket, the clip can rip upholstery when sitting down [ car seats, kitchen chairs etc ].

If you're carrying a knife with SD in mind, rear pocket carry creates more furtive movement, takes long to access [ a little longer reach for the knife ]

Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Back pocket carrying clipped folders can not only dislodge the knife from the pocket, the clip can rip upholstery when sitting down [ car seats, kitchen chairs etc ].

If you're carrying a knife with SD in mind, rear pocket carry creates more furtive movement, takes long to access [ a little longer reach for the knife ]

Ask me how I know.
Yep. But, I had to try it for myself. I like it much better on my strong side front pocket. Even without SD in mind (not my purpose, since I have no such training), back pocket carry is not convenient for utilitarian purposes.

I'll probably do some smoothing of that sharp edge... just like I did on the clasp of my Hamilton watch. 😁

Finger Wood Material property Nail Creative arts

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Poor little Hami…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I heard back from MicroTech about the gifted knife that broke on me. Confirmed a counterfeit!

I told them they could keep it and use it in their anti-counterfeiting efforts.

They offered to sell me a real Scarab at a "discounted" price. Ah, crap! I might be tempted. So, I told them to let me know what they had in stock and a price.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
If it's a good price like -25% I would do it, but that is comming from someone that bought the Infidel for me it was D2 steel and the right blade lenght . It has an insane tight fit for blade to handle,holds an edge very well , good luck.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts