Florida Concealed Carry banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
@racer88 I know a company that can laser engrave a Spyderco logo on that thing for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
@racer88 I know a company that can laser engrave a Spyderco logo on that thing for ya.

What about drilling a big hole in it???

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
The only way you can hit a target is if it’s sideways!

@BeerHunter was heard to say at the range: "I got it..... you take it."
(And then under his breath, I'm PRETTY sure he said, '@$$hole!')

Reactions: Caleb

·
Super Moderator
30,988 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I was looking for an auto in D2 tool steel just under 4" so the benchmade Infidel is 3.96" hoping for common pocketknife size. I think there is a break in time, mine is a little easier to open after a year.
My Infidel is 2-3 years old now, and has yet to require any sort of lube. I think I may have poured some 93% alcohol on the blade once, and fired then retracted the blade several times for a little cleaning.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
My Infidel is 2-3 years old now, and has yet to require any sort of lube. I think I may have poured some 93% alcohol on the blade once, and fired then retracted the blade several times for a little cleaning.
I've heard about the Infidel, of course. But, I don't know much about it or how it compares to MicroTech's stuff. The two seem to be the top picks for OTF autos, though.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
The Boker AK47 the big one is D2 tool steel ,I would think the 74 would be also. The infidel is the most I ever spent on a pocket knife and I'm keeping it a secret around the house.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
So, after 2 days of carrying it clipped in my front pocket, I got tired of scratching the back of my hand on the edge / corner of the frame every time I reached into my pocket for something else (keys).

I switched to my non-dominant side (left) rear pocket. Perfect! Rear pocket is not normally where I'd carry anything other than a wallet (right rear pocket). But, I think it will work here.

Reactions: Caleb

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
File or grinder, smooth the corners you see fit. Make it yours.

·
Registered
17,643 Posts
So, after 2 days of carrying it clipped in my front pocket, I got tired of scratching the back of my hand on the edge / corner of the frame every time I reached into my pocket for something else (keys).

I switched to my non-dominant side (left) rear pocket. Perfect! Rear pocket is not normally where I'd carry anything other than a wallet (right rear pocket). But, I think it will work here.
What’s scratching your hand? Mine is quite smooth all the way around. Be careful carrying it in your back pocket as every time you sit down it’s gonna want to get pushed up and out….and…..gone.
As said above smooth it up a bit

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
What’s scratching your hand? Mine is quite smooth all the way around.
The corner of the frame. That edge is actually quite sharp. It catches the back of my hand when I put my hand into my pocket (to retrieve something else).

It's not the glass breaker that's scratching. It's that corner from the top of the frame to the "inboard" side of the frame. So, I feel it on the back of my hand, as it goes into the pocket.
Font Carmine Fashion accessory Electric blue Recreation

Be careful carrying it in your back pocket as every time you sit down it’s gonna want to get pushed up and out….and…..gone.
Not a chance. As I mentioned before, the clip is VERY tight. Clipping it on and removing it takes VERY deliberate effort. It's clamped on TIGHT.

·
Registered
17,643 Posts
The corner of the frame. That edge is actually quite sharp. It catches the back of my hand when I put my hand into my pocket (to retrieve something else).

It's not the glass breaker that's scratching. It's that corner from the top of the frame to the "inboard" side of the frame. So, I feel it on the back of my hand, as it goes into the pocket.
View attachment 74140

Not a chance. As I mentioned before, the clip is VERY tight. Clipping it on and removing it takes VERY deliberate effort. It's clamped on TIGHT.
Famous last words. More than one knife has been lost from back pocket carry. To each his own. I’d file it down so it works in the pocket it’s supposed to go in. Lil bit of black sharpie and nobody will know.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I’d file it down so it works in the pocket it’s supposed to go in. Lil bit of black sharpie and nobody will know.
Yeah... I just might have the tools to do it! 😁

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I think you should order another $100 worth to make sure you can do it correctly. 😜
Challenge accepted! LOL! Wait... ONLY $100? That's like not even one tool, eh?

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I have the same issues with one of my “cheaper” pocket knives. I have tried the back pocket location but whenever I reach for it, I’m always going to the front right. It’s a training and conditioning thing but I’m not worried about just one blade (got plenty of others).

41 - 60 of 69 Posts