Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I am looking for a 20g shotgun. Not looking for anything fancy, Mossberg or Remington. Like to find local to Daytona/Palm Coast area, will travel a little for right deal. Thanks in advance

Don

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Pump, semi-auto, side by side, over under? What are you using it for? Hunting, type? Self defense, little of both, other....

Lots of options depending on useage. All will go bang, some just go bang “better” then others depending on what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pump or semi auto, will be used for birds (duck and geese) and possibly deer. My daughter is left handed so I'm leaning toward Mossberg mainly because the safety being on the top of receiver and easier for her to manipulate.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I’m not much of a shot gun man but own a few. Two pump and one over/under. One pump was my fathers, the second I purchased as a more self defense higher capacity with some extras added for that reason. I would love to add a great quality semi auto like a Benelli M4 Super 90 someday.

Last one I got was an over under as I got into clay shooting a few years ago and bought a cheap entry one. I don’t hun’t personally and have used a pump and semi auto on “clay shoots” which is the intent to mirror birds that fly up and away like Pheasant or whatever flys up and away. I/O fires the lower barrel first, usually, to put the recoil lower into the shoulder and produce less muzzle flip up and then the second shot is the upper barrel which is claimed to be more accurate by some. Some say the sight picture is easier with the I/O and some claim the Side by Side is a better sight picture. I guess it depends for some folks what they prefer. Side by Sides reportedly tend to pull a little to the side they are shooting on and are rarely seen in a clay shoot competitions for that reason as they are allegedly harder to get back on target for the second shot which with clays is almost always from a different angle. As I said, I have no experience actually hunting with any of them myself.

I think semi is ultimately the easier of the two as there is no real coordination on the shooters part to rack-aim-fire. Opinions vary.

That’s all I can say on this pretty much. A lot of hunters on there that will chime in and add or detract from what I just posted. Lots of debates on this subject on the internet...

Good luck on whatever you get. Let us know and post pics. (y)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found a Remington, nice 20g with synthetic stock.

·
Super Moderator
26,610 Posts
Congrats. (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts