Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was off the forum for 3 days last week because my Dell laptop died suddenly it only lasted 3 years is this normal? I would like you folks to give some feed back on what laptops lasted you the best, I have had bad luck with HP products and they were the only laptops in stock at best buy. I thought this would be helpful for the next time around for everyone .
I use a Lenovo (IBM Thinkpad), I've used them for 20 years, I've had several... still have them in a closet.

But, I used my daughters ACER 13" to travel with for 10 years after she used it for 3 years... I replaced the hard drive with an SSD, I upgraded the memory to the max, and I blew out Windows and loaded Linux... after 13 years the CPU died, I was heartbroken! I'm not traveling as much as I used to... if I ever get out again, I may replace the motherboard!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I have an HP laptop and HP's before this one and I use them until Microsoft indicates that my laptop is incompatible with the newest Windows software. Haven't had one die on me yet but have donated some as they were replaced.

·
Super Moderator
27,763 Posts
Was Mac when I could choose Apple or Windows at work, but when DoD standardized on Windows, I had to switch. That was almost 20 years ago. So my personal laptop has been a Lenovo i5 Windows machine for the last 6 years. I upgraded the RAM and just recently replaced the HD (which was still functioning fine but starting to show some bad sectors) with a much larger SSHD. It's still going strong as is given a clean bill of health by my Geek Squad #1 son. Regardless, when I retire, I likely will either go back to iOS or maybe Linux and Open Office. I'm definitely not devoted to Windows, but my Windows machines have endured well in the last decade. However, we used to joke that it's amazing how "the Blue Screen of Death" is accepted in the corporate office world, but would be catastrophic if our F/A-18 mission computer suddenly displayed "The Blue Screen of Death!" :eek:

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I'm once again a man without a laptop, the replacement one sucked so bad I sent it back it was an Assus it had no removeable battery, not enough memory and also had problems connecting with my home wireless network that no outher computer had any problems with so mark that one off the list of good choices. Probably won't be posting too much for a few days. Everyone have a good thanksgiving.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts