Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked this one up at a very good price, and just got done doing a detail strip and cleaning. I installed a C&S light pull sear spring, and one of those slip-on Wilson magwells.

I plan on shooting both it and the Wilson Professional at next Tuesday’s IDPA practice.

FBE4C956-17B9-4F11-8A37-BB94C2975BDF.jpg

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
:2thumsup

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
Nice! :thumsup

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks, y’all.

I was surprised to find that there were no “made in Brazil” markings on it anywhere. I guess S.A. 1911s are made in the USA now.

I know my S.A. 10mm XD(M) has “made in Croatia” on it. :dunno

Anyway, while I had it apart I stoned the trigger tracks (not the trigger bow channels) in the frame, and stoned the top and bottom of the trigger pad. The trigger bow was fine.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Woohoo! That was a good deal too. Nice pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
The forum member I bought it from has a .45acp one just like it for sale.
The .45 is no longer available Rick, just haven't had a chance to update the cotep site yet, but thanks for the mention.

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was packing the Wilson Professional and Springfield 1911-A1 in the range bag for the Tuesday IDPA practice, and, as always; racked the slides on both to see that the chamber was clear, then pulled the trigger prior to casing them.

I know the Wilson trigger is nice (3 1/4 pound pull), but was pleasantly surprised at how nice the trigger pull was on the Springfield. I’d put a C&S light pull sear in it a few days ago, but hadn’t messed with it much since then. I’m going to have to pull out the Lyman TP scale and check that one one of these days. It may be just a bit lighter than the Wilson.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Maybe do a comparison after a few hundred rounds through the SA, gotta let that trigger break in.

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Maybe do a comparison after a few hundred rounds through the SA, gotta let that trigger break in.

Well, I stoned the trigger tracks, plus the top and bottom of the trigger pad, and I know that Carson stoned the hammer hooks and sear nose using a jig. He did shoot it some, but based on how pristine it looks, it may not in fact be broken in yet. Either way, it will be soon...:grin

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The trigger pull averaged right at 3 pounds even.

I shot it today, and it was about like shooting a .22.

I could point it at a target, pull the trigger as fast as I could, and all the shots were staying “zero down.”

I believe that anyone who says they don’t like 9mm 1911s just haven’t shot one yet.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
The trigger pull averaged right at 3 pounds even.

I shot it today, and it was about like shooting a .22.

I could point it at a target, pull the trigger as fast as I could, and all the shots were staying “zero down.”

I believe that anyone who says they don’t like 9mm 1911s just haven’t shot one yet.
I totally agree! They are too much fun and accurate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts