Florida Concealed Carry banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
The pink paper in my window is ny permit to park at home.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Is your property subject to an HOA and its rules? I know my HOA would absolutely forbid a semi in someone's driveway like that... OH... THE HORROR OF IT! :eek::rolleyes::poop:
Yep. But they allow folks with rv's to park for 3 days. My truck really isn't much different. Just louder and I make money with it.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Is your property subject to an HOA and its rules? I know my HOA would absolutely forbid a semi in someone's driveway like that... OH... THE HORROR OF IT! :eek::rolleyes::poop:
My former HOA did not allow pickups! Idiots:(

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yep. But they allow folks with rv's to park for 3 days. My truck really isn't much different. Just louder and I make money with it.

If it ever became a problem with the HOA, you could try the wrinkle that you don't make money with the truck..., you make money with what the truck's dragging behind it. (Which of course, isn't parked in your driveway.)

They'll probably be so stupefied by such a response as to not hassle you further.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
HOA's are pure evil, I was the focus of their ire one time because I would not kiss their butt. Luckily I could just move and did, I feel for people who are stuck there, for me never again.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
If I have my way, I’ll never live under a HOA again. Condo or otherwise. I once had a condo in Seminole county. Little natzis is right. Then a particularly troubled one came into power.... I couldn’t sell that thing fast enough. (It was also the pinnacle of the “bubble”. I quadrupled my money 😬)

Fat, greasy bastard tried to torpedo my sale because his girlfriend (he was married BTW) was trying to sell her’s.

Fortunately I had a real estate broker smarter than he.

And, for his troubles, let’s just say his wife found out about said girlfriend in a way he didn’t like very much. :devilish:

·
Super Moderator
27,171 Posts
^^^^
Karma is a beotch!

I once lived in a development that incorporated into an HOA after a certain number of homes were built. So as a pre-emptive move, I ran for the board and won. After one term, I ran for and became the President of the Board, just so I could shape the agenda and keep everything friendly and dues as low as possible, which were already extremely low and limited what the HOAcould do ($250 annual). Then when I knew I was moving back home to southern Florida, I resigned. The HOA had no say in the sale of my property, either. SCROOM!

I don't know and will never live where there is an HOA ever again. Many HOAs are or will turn into the worst form of TYRANNICAL "self goverment" imaginable. NFW would I subject myself to that! 🤬

I get quite a bit of humor out of those GEICO commercials of a couple being subjected to absurd HOA actions! 🤣

Reactions: Marilyn

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Surprisingly my hoa is not as bad. Only question the asked my wife was if I was gonna run the truck the whole time. Nope I pay for fuel, and its too expensive in fl to do that.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Our HOA sucks just as bad as any other but, after standing my ground they have backed off messing with me. Technically I’m not “allowed” to live there (it’s my fiancé’s house) because I never went through their background check and/or got their blessings ($$$). So they started harassing me about parking in the visitor spots over night or this or that.....blah blah. One day I had left my car home so my lady could use it if needed (hers was in the shop). They called her and told her they called a tow truck. I ran home and beat the tow truck there and nothing happened cause the tow truck driver was cool and hates HOAs too....lmao. I called up the head guy and told them if they ever tow my car that there will be hell to pay. Another incident happened when they freshly tarred the parking lot a few days before and for some BS reason.... I “had” to move my car. I moved it....... somehow there were two burn out tire marks on their newly paved parking lot. They could prove squat.....I guess they got tired of trying to give me a hard time, they haven’t bothered me in a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Kids washed the outside. I get to do the inside.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts

Shiny! Ive always loved KW’s. Best truck I drove was one. I’m glad you’re able to park at home. That was always a pain for me. I had to park at a friends place several miles away. My condo association didn’t allow it.

My condo association rules required potential buyers to be pre-approved by the board prior to closing. As I say mr greaseball President had a girlfriend trying to sell her’s. Same model unit. Right next to mine. He took it personally mine sold first so he tried to torpedo the sale. My broker out maneuvered his attempt and we closed anyway.

Stupid idiot liked to take his girlfriend to the pool well after hours. My unit overlooked the pool. I didn’t do anything wild like take pictures. I just sent a letter to his address asking if he would mind not boinking in the pool, I have kids that visit. Unfortunately I “accidentally“ mailed it to his place addressed to his wife. It was a simple oversight. :devilish:

I heard she got the condo in the divorce and you have to be an owner to be on the board. 😬

·
Registered
4,884 Posts

That‘s a beautiful looking truck. Best of luck with that sir. (y)

·
Super Moderator
27,171 Posts
Like I said, RadTek, karma can be a beotch! 🤣

Err, what I meant to say is "pictures or it didn't happen!" ;)

Reactions: RadTek

·
Super Moderator
27,171 Posts
Ok, I’ll come clean. The tool crossed me on several occasions.

So, yea, I considered taking video. Just deemed it too creepy even for me.
Oh, I'm sure it was and of course, I was joking. Some things are better left unseen! 🤠

Reactions: RadTek

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Oh, I'm sure it was and of course, I was joking. Some things are better left unseen! 🤠
Ha! on a few occasions I’d hear something outside. It wasn’t extremely uncommon for teenagers to hop the fence and use the hot tub or pool for things kids do. I’d usually glance out, see that no one was trashing the place and go back to what I was doing. I’m just not that “get off my lawn” guy. I was young once. :LOL:

The couple times I saw those two, I usually had to gouge my eyes out with a fork. 🤮🤬 My video camera wasn’t expensive, but I also didn’t want to ruin it either.

FWIW, hijacking the thread wasn’t my intention. Pilot has been gracious enough to share his experiences with us. I’m enjoying it. (y)

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
If my hoa really had an issue with my well cleaned and maintained truck. They should be removing this methlab on water. Not one registration tag and i dont think it even runs.

·
Super Moderator
27,171 Posts
Yuck, that's an eyesore, Joe! Yeah, I think your truck is safe from the HOA! (y)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
After swearing I'd never live anywhere with an HOA I found out (after the purchase) that we have an HOA for our neighborhood....

One that I could accept. Dues are $35/year and..... voluntary. My kind of HOA for sure. No rules & no nazis. Once a year we block off a street and have a neighborhood potluck.

Reactions: Pirate
81 - 100 of 130 Posts