Florida Concealed Carry banner

61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Wow, now that is expensive. No way to patch that from the inside?
Anything that punctures a steer tire is automatic replacement. With the weight I haul and the rockies. Ya dont play.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Understood. Stupid question but could that be moved to a rear tire and repurposed or different sizes or other reasons? Sorry for my ignorance here.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Understood. Stupid question but could that be moved to a rear tire and repurposed or different sizes or other reasons? Sorry for my ignorance here.
Lol no need to be sorry, next leg would be a tire swing.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I just don’t listen to a lot of the service people say these days. It’s seldom you run into the degree of competence you used to. The tires on the track hawk are run flat Z rated and very expensive. I was kind of shocked, If you have an SUV that can go 185 to 190 I guess you need them.

I loved the old days, nothing sounded as cool as an old two-stroke Detroit diesel winding up. Those things were invented in about 1939 and are still going today although they don’t meet the new fuel economy and emissions standards.

Pirate, you may remember the joke were the guy bought a boat with a new set of 16 V 92 Detroit diesels. There was a Chrome emblem identifying the engines and he took it home and screwed it up over his mantle. The next morning when he got up there was oil dripping down from it. In offshore sportfish boats we called it the Detroit diesel anti-corrosion program because they leak so much oil.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Do you have to log the hours driven without a trailer?

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Do you have to log the hours driven without a trailer?
Yes. Driving is driving. Some things have probably changed since my day. But, from what I can tell, it’s gotten more restrictive. You actually log literally everything. Breaks, sleeping, loading unloading etc. Even your off duty time at home is logged. Not specific activities at home, just the hours off duty/not driving.

In my day it was paper logs. Meaning you could fudge quite a bit. No one knew the truth but you and that truck. Leaving a lot of wiggle room to bend the rules. Fir example you could break the speed limits and time restrictions to get home to Orlando by Friday but your logbook is still in Georgia and won’t get home until Saturday. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

With real time digital logging, I suspect there’s much less wiggle room.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
About the only rigs I see speeding anymore are the straight body dump trucks.

.gov taking the hustle out of man with regulation.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
About the only rigs I see speeding anymore are the straight body dump trucks.

.gov taking the hustle out of man with regulation.
Eh, depends on the posted speed limit. I can run 72, but the fuel mileage goes down. I run at 68 most of the time.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Had to tease the wife a bit as I tracked down a rattle. Needed to take the steps off. Well may have found it. The botls holding the straps for the def tank were loose.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yeah, but sadly it was days. And since the route I had to take yesterday was quite steep, I had the windows down to keep the air off. I70 was shut down in Colorado due to a fire. I had to take us 50 down to us 285. The pass was monarch pass. 11000 feet. 7 miles up, 8 miles down.... 7 to 8% grade truck weighing over 74k

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Yeah, but sadly it was days. And since the route I had to take yesterday was quite steep, I had the windows down to keep the air off. I70 was shut down in Colorado due to a fire. I had to take us 50 down to us 285. The pass was monarch pass. 11000 feet. 7 miles up, 8 miles down.... 7 to 8% grade truck weighing over 74k

I love Monarch Pass!

Not in a semi.....but I love monarch pass.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
A friend of mine had a patrol car that had a clunk it sounded like it was coming from under the dash when he would take a corner hard. After hours an hours of searching the motor pool pulled the dash pad off and it was a 6 ounce Coke bottle underneath there with a note that said “I see you found the noise” Apparently had been put there on the assembly line at Ford by somebody who didn’t like cops.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
A friend of mine had a patrol car that had a clunk it sounded like it was coming from under the dash when he would take a corner hard. After hours an hours of searching the motor pool pulled the dash pad off and it was a 6 ounce Coke bottle underneath there with a note that said “I see you found the noise” Apparently had been put there on the assembly line at Ford by somebody who didn’t like cops.
Hahaha

Today's adventure was a dull headlight. Took out the projector lense and cleaned it. Some mechanic left off the back cover. So picked up a new one and we will see in the morning or if I am awake when it gets dark out.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Well I forgot to attach the picture

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Home!!!

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
That is one of many reasons I can not live in a HOA run by power mad little commies. Hopefully you are not living under that problem I like Kenworths and Peterbuilts a little more.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
That is one of many reasons I can not live in a HOA run by power mad little commies. Hopefully you are not living under that problem I like Kenworths and Peterbuilts a little more.
You could always live in a HOA run by power mad little Nazis!:ROFLMAO: (Condo Nazis that is.)

61 - 80 of 130 Posts