Florida Concealed Carry banner

Licensed CCW arrested

5K views 34 replies 24 participants last post by  Glock22 
#1 ·
I see in our local paper, The Sanford Herald, that a yahoo with a CCW was arrested at the area Hooters. Seems he had "about seven beers", according to his statement, tried to start a fight, fired his weapon (thank God he didn't hit anyone). As you can imagine, he's facing a barrel full of charges.

#6 ·
+1

Every crowd has at least one.

#10 ·
Food for thought. In Police training it is pointed out that one of the most dangerous situations for an Officer is being in "old clothes", that is wearing civilian clothing but not technically undercover, and having to draw your weapon. Reason? Without uniform the "good guys" may mistake you for a "bad guy"!

He was not only stupid and criminal but very, very lucky his freedom is all he will lose.

Always remember, when you display your weapon you are subject to being shot under the best of circumstances. Fire it for "effect" and you are living on borrowed time.:thumbsdwn

#11 ·
We dont need irresponsible gun owners :smack

#13 ·
I compare him to corrupt religious leaders. They are a cancer on those who are faithful. I say expose them all and get rid of them. They are a bad reflection on those who are doing everything right.

Grrrr.

#16 ·
MB, I don't quite think of them as that bad. Mostly just ignorance (which can be fixed) or stupidity with a smaller percentage being intentional. A corrupt religious leader tends to know what he is doing - very intentional.

#14 · (Edited)
With a minimal course, only having to put a few rounds on paper at a very close distance and no real training, coupled with a serious influx of new CCW licencees with no previous real gun experiences, I sadly expect to see more of this.

When only a few CCW's were out there, it was relatively hard to find one in the news. Now, it seems that about 10%* of the state has a CCW (which keeps criminals guessing - I love it.) but if 10% of the general population has absolutely no common sense, then probably 10% of the CCW holders won't either.

*I'm guessing at this number.
**I think this number is much higher but used for example only.

#17 ·
Yeah, you are probably right. I should probably edit myself but will let others learn from my fingers that type faster than my brain thinks. I like your answer better.

#18 ·
Don't beat yourself up over it. I just think that false prophets are the worst sort of scum.

And don't edit yourself. Your view on most things here is very highly respected. It also gives us the rare women's view on things mostly male.

Glad to hear you made Mod...You'll be good at it. Just treat us like your kids....
***edit ***
treat us like you sometimes wish you could treat your kids....

:smack

#19 ·
While the comparison may have been a bit like a mixed metaphor, since they both ruin lives it is valid in my book. One is a license to carry, not to endanger. The other is a warrant (ordination) to heal spirits, not to destroy hearts.

#20 ·
Very well said :thumsup

#24 ·
Could you post a link and the text of the story please?

#26 ·
Unforchinatly we have some of those in the shooting world , what do we do about it.... give up our rights to curb the few or prosecute to max the ones that cross the good since line , or deny them their rights to carry concealed , how do you do this with out stepping on the rest of us . its not an easy answer . Maybe some day we can run a DNA test and weed out the risk at berth . but then we start a hole new can of worms . At lest this joker want be having a CCP for Florida again.

#27 ·
correct me if I am wrong but Hooters is a bar more then a place to eat no?
I mean the one's we have been to were one big bar with some tables near them.
So the dipwad was in the wrong to start with.

#28 ·
correct me if I am wrong but Hooters is a bar more then a place to eat no?
I mean the one's we have been to were one big bar with some tables near them.
So the dipwad was in the wrong to start with.
not sure on the whole hooters percentage of food to alcohol but The OP and the story posted is from Tennessee so I am not sure if the same rule applies there.

#32 ·
790.151 Using firearm while under the influence of alcoholic beverages, chemical substances, or controlled substances; penalties.--

(1) As used in ss. 790.151-790.157, to "use a firearm" means to discharge a firearm or to have a firearm readily accessible for immediate discharge.

(2) For the purposes of this section, "readily accessible for immediate discharge" means loaded and in a person's hand.

(3) It is unlawful and punishable as provided in subsection (4) for any person who is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired, to use a firearm in this state.

(4) Any person who violates subsection (3) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(5) This section does not apply to persons exercising lawful self-defense or defense of one's property.
History.--s. 1, ch. 91-84; s. 1210, ch. 97-102.
790.157 defines the blood alchohol levels.

#35 ·
In response to the influx of people getting there CWL who have little to no firearm experience I agree to throw the book at CWL holder's like this who do stupid stuff.

Glad to see nobody was injured/killed during this idiots stunt. Perfect example of why alcohol and firearms don't mix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.