Florida Concealed Carry banner

License Renewal

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 ·
Got my license renewed today. Went to the Office in Jacksonville. I was very surprise how easy and smooth it went.
This morning I got a text reminding me of my appointment. It advised when you arrive type "here" as a return message to them.
I arrived about 10 minutes early and typed in the above response, thinking I will be sitting the the car for sometime.
I received a response in about two minutes. It basically said come on in. Inside they have a guard who asked if you have an appointment and a few covid 19 related questions. I was directed to a window where they asked to see the letter received from the Dept. Of Agriculture.
After showing that about 30 seconds latter a lady comes through a door and tells me to come with her. I am seated at a computer and told to type in my personal info. and Credit card info..
Then I was taken to a location where my picture was taken and the new license printed.
This entire procedure took about 15 minutes, maybe less.

#3 ·
Congrats! Almost exact experience I had here in Gainesville when I renewed mine!

#4 ·
Have my renewal appointment scheduled in AUG at the WPB Regional Office. Hope my experience is similar. :unsure:

Reactions: krw57 and joecarry
#6 ·
Got my license renewed today. Went to the Office in Jacksonville. I was very surprise how easy and smooth it went.
This morning I got a text reminding me of my appointment. It advised when you arrive type "here" as a return message to them.
I arrived about 10 minutes early and typed in the above response, thinking I will be sitting the the car for sometime.
I received a response in about two minutes. It basically said come on in. Inside they have a guard who asked if you have an appointment and a few covid 19 related questions. I was directed to a window where they asked to see the letter received from the Dept. Of Agriculture.
After showing that about 30 seconds latter a lady comes through a door and tells me to come with her. I am seated at a computer and told to type in my personal info. and Credit card info..
Then I was taken to a location where my picture was taken and the new license printed.
This entire procedure took about 15 minutes, maybe less.
A couple of questions...

1) When did you receive your initial letter from DOACS? Supposedly, it should be sent 100 days prior to renewal date. When did you get yours? I'm worried about some rumors that some letters may be delayed to a very short time before expiration.

2) Was this appointment at a DOACS "Regional office" or at your local Tax collector's office?

#7 ·
I got the letter late March, original expiration date was in late June. Went on line to make appointment, it was about a month out to the first available appointment available.
The appointment was at a regional office. The Tax collectors office is maybe 5 miles closer. There are no convenience fees at the regional office.
It did not state that they would take CC at Regional office so I took my check book. When I asked they advise they could take a CC and that there was no additional cost for using a card.

#13 ·
It sucks that we need to ask permission to exercise our 2A RTKBA legally in Florida, but I renewed my FCWFL today via an appointment I made back in APR for renewal at the WPB Regional Office of FDOACS (yes, I'm reviving a 3 month old thread).

I was quite impressed how smooth the process was. I arrived 10 minutes early for my 14:30 appointment. There was guard inside who confirmed I had an appointment and then let me through the door. The nice lady looked at my Renewal Notice then brought me to a small cubicle with a computer terminal where they brought up my file, had me verify all my information (name, address, DOB, etc.) were correct, then to the page to enter my CC info to pay the $45 fee. When finished with that, another lady took me to another room to take my photo. She even gave me the opportunity to review the photo. Then she printed the new license, had me review it for correctness, and then sent me on my way. The whole process was almost NASCAR pitstop efficient and I was in and out of there in 6 minutes! Okay pitstop efficient might be an overstatement but 6 minutes is faster than I could have filled out the renewal by mail option. (y)(y)

Reactions: LabGuy and joecarry
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.