Florida Concealed Carry banner

Lets see how long it takes

10521 Views 89 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  FloridaSon
Just sent my application to Tallahassee today. I am hoping that I receive the license by mid March or sooner.

I waited 6 months for a target permit from N.Y.C, so half the wait should be a cinch.

The upcoming holidays may make the process take a bit longer. In the mean time, it will give me some time to save some cash and shop for related carry gear.

Application Submitted: 12/13/08
Check Cashed: 1/20/09
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Your going to be the test case for the most up to date wait time from Tallahassee. Feel free to update us on your state of mind :)rolf) during this waiting process. Good luck.
yes sir you will have to keep us updated this was me when i saw the mailman come and go lol

See less See more
I dont mind the wait. I am hoping that they will cut me some slack as I worked as a Corrections Officer in Florida for 10 yrs.

I have been out of that job for 9 yrs so I wasn't eligible for a former Law Enforcement discount.

I submitted a copy of my Florida State Certification and Criminal Justice Handgun certificate as proof that I have been trained to carry.

I am hoping that they still have my old employment records on file. Then they would only need to back 9 yrs for the criminal check.

I'll keep you all posted.
Figure you're in for the full 90 day wait.
Sorry

AFS
Figure you're in for the full 90 day wait.
Sorry

AFS
I think it will be a little less like 2 months and 25 days, but whos counting :rolleyes: I submitted my application 5 days ago.. :D
YES!!!!! Someone in FL has actually submitted theirs AFTER ME!!!! :D
YES!!!!! Someone in FL has actually submitted theirs AFTER ME!!!! :D
9 days and counting...still waiting for the check to clear. I realize its going to take 90 or so days to get the license, but waiting for your check to clear is for the birds... :thumbsdwn

A celebration is in order when it finally does clear :drinks
Ah, your just getting started.. Not even time to start lookin out the window for the mailman yet.. :D Im at about 43 days and counting. I "WAS" getting all impatient around the 30 day mark, until I came online looking for wait times.. That took the wind from my sails, but at least Im not expecting anything now.. Another month or so though and I'll be "doin the dance" again every afternoon.. Me in 30 days----> :dancingbanana
Its been a month since I sent mine in and the check still hasen't cleared!
I just had my check clear yesterday,sent in about a month and 3 days ago ....now the real wait begins ....*puts on the pacing boots*
9 days and counting...still waiting for the check to clear. I realize its going to take 90 or so days to get the license, but waiting for your check to clear is for the birds... :thumbsdwn

A celebration is in order when it finally does clear :drinks
It took a full three weeks for my check to clear. That seems fairly typical.

- Str8Shooter
I sent mine in mid October.

The check was cashed on Nov. 10th.

I called the other day, and was told that I'm not even "in the system yet", even though the check was cashed.
Was told the "cashing of the check" was merely the 1st step in the process.

I figure with the holidays, nothing is going to happen in the next week.

All I can say, is "ugh."
I am sure they received my application. The PO usually does not lose an envelope that big. Once my check clears, I will be happy and let the rest of the process happen by itself.

In the meantime, I am thinking of building an AR15 or M1 Carbine
I sent mine in mid October.

The check was cashed on Nov. 10th.

I called the other day, and was told that I'm not even "in the system yet", even though the check was cashed.
That seems like an aweful long time to not even be "in the system" yet?? (From past threads it's only taking around 60 days after check clearing to get your license!!) If I was you, I'd call back and ask to be connected to the CCW dept, or supervisor, and ask em to check it again.. (wouldnt even mention calling the 1st time) And see what they say.. I know their behind, but not that behind.. Your almost at 50 days "after" check clearing.. Best of luck! Hope Im right!! :drinks
Just an update....
Finally the check was cashed on 1/2/09. I mailed my packet 11/17/08. Now the wait really begins.
Just an update....
Finally the check was cashed on 1/2/09. I mailed my packet 11/17/08. Now the wait really begins.
It took from mid November to Early January just to get your check cashed? Ouch!
I sent my app out on 12/13. By jbates01 post, my check probably wont clear till Feb. I sure hope that's not the case
App went out 12/13. Check still has not cleared. So to put me in a better mood, I went to the Ft Lauderdale gun show with my son and bought myself a S&W H.R.T halve serrated switchblade and a few other knives for my son. Got some beef Jerky and checked out the guns.

I was impressed with the SA XD Series 4" barrel 9mm. The gun felt better in my hand than the Glock. Ill do more research before I buy one. I wonder how well they conceal.
Cashed my check

I sent off my App Dec. 1 08 and my check cashed 1/8/09 for my concealed license. crossing my fingers everything works out.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.