Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something to hunt with if I get back into it. Don’t want an AR-10 as they aren’t always welcome in some states.

Been looking at the savage 110 or the Tikka tx3 since those seem to be available in wrong handed models. Want 308 or 30-06 but 25-06 isn’t out of the question.

Want to spend under 1k if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,778 Posts
I have a left hand Savage Axis in .308. Decent rifle, ran around 350 bucks about 6 years back. Only weak point is the external magazine, the latch breaks easily

Reactions: Mamiela

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like it is between Savage or Tikka, Bergara and Christianson have very little to offer in LH bolt action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,407 Posts
Ruger makes (or made) their Gunsite Scout Rifle in left hand, but they cost more than a grand.

Air gun Trigger Wood Plant Gun barrel

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Its not a left sided rifle world out there and getting worse. My favorite bolt action is my ruger gunsiite scout. In 308 its extremely accurate and has a nice trigger. But why not 6.5 creedmore? Lots of excellent ammo choices and a good ballistics. Tikka is a good choice too. Andy langois ( ill check the name later with a link) makes some nice Rhodesian leather slings that i loke a lot. Something to check out

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
I have a Savage 110 Desert Tactical but mine is right handed model, mine is 6.5 Creedmoor due to such a flat trajectory, it has a tactical bolt, threaded barrel for suppressor or muzzle device, adjustable synthetic stock, adjustable trigger, the big plus is a detachable magazine, two attachments for a Sling and a bipod on foregrip area of stock, 20 MOA scope rail. I have a bit over a grand in mine because I picked up a Athlon Argos BTR from BTTBBOB on the forum. The prices have risen significantly for this Savage 110 model so you may exceed well over 1,000.00 possibly due to success and popularity in model.

·
Registered
14,865 Posts
Nobody beats a Savage 110 for accuracy, price or warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts