Florida Concealed Carry banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
"If you then extend that to "people of that race are most likely to cause me harm",you are precisely being racist."
these are YOUR WORDS NOT MINE. YOU are taking it father by assuming that. You actually help make my point that a initial reaction is based upon experience (a profile) and cannot be taken to the next level to assume that this group or type of people will match your initial opinion. It is a initial impression based upon a profile built by experience. Maybe similar to that feeling you get when you leave your comfort zone and go to that red alert threat level. You are NOT JUDGING a group or even a single person you are just saying this person and situation tell me to expect a possible known event to occur. If it is Sunday and a person of the cloth comes knocking on my door I profile this person and action as a likely visit from a representative of the seventh day Adventist and about to offer me a pamphlet and suggest we sit on the stoop and pray together. Eventually I may find out they are Baptists on their way to a wedding and their car broke down and they need to know of the nearest garage but EXPERIENCE (my profile) tells me to initially expect other wise.
Hornet; I am not totally clear about what you were saying but I may have misunderstood you. In that case,my post would be unfounded.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hornet; I am not totally clear about what you were saying but I may have misunderstood you. In that case,my post would be unfounded.
Fish: dealing with the delays and it be written word and not a active conversation things like this happen. I have no problem with it or with you.

101 - 102 of 102 Posts