Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've read many times about have a lawyer picked out as a go to after you use your weapon or you get cited for banishing or have issues with concealed carry.. Anyone have luck finding a lawyer who is conceal carry friendly? I checked a few in my area but not one was versed on the concealed carry laws.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The best place to go to find a lawyer knowledgable in concealed carry is the gun range. When I took my CCW class the instructor told us to pick up a business card for a lawyer on our way out. This lawyer had his cards on the counter just for CCW students. So your local gun range might have some business cards of lawyers on display.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
if you need a lawyer you don't need a gun lawyer. Or a CCW lawyer.
You need a very good criminal lawyer.

And they're all freindly. It's their job.

AFS

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
He is definitely an authority on the subject. You might want to check out his rates before you put him on a retainer! ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the name of a lawyer in Stuart that specializes in 2A.
He also very ably assisted me recently in another situation that I got myself entangled in (looooonggg story), but all ended OK.

PM me if you want the lawyer's details.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I have the name of a lawyer in Stuart that specializes in 2A.
He also very ably assisted me recently in another situation that I got myself entangled in (looooonggg story), but all ended OK.

PM me if you want the lawyer's details.
Go ahead and post his info. You never know when anyone of us might need one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Go ahead and post his info. You never know when anyone of us might need one.

Jeffrey Kirsch
Ocean blvd in Stuart.

Really nice guy - Glock owner (but I wont hold that against him):D

I found him through the Florida Shooters Network and can highly recommend him

·
Registered
153 Posts
Relatively New to FL.,I live in Summerfield by the Villages if anyone can recommend a good defensive lawyer to me in my area I would greatly appreciate it. P.S. someone a regular person can afford! THANKS

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that any criminal defense attorney will have to do. I did some research on 2A lawyers in Florida and I did not find much. Apart from Jon H. Gutmacher I can't find any specifically focused on the 2A. The lawyer's card that I have in my wallet is based in WPB. I got his card from the gun store.
He is Walter H. Djokic P.A.
His phone number is (561) 315-5563,
email [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
I e-mailed Gutmacher's office and asked if they could recommend someone in the South Florida area and the reply was "Sorry, I don't have that information."

I was a bit surprised but I guess he will handle the case if you call and retain him. I'm sure travel expenses are extra. :D

This could actually be a useful project for the members here to try to locate some attorneys that have experience in this legal area so that we could create a listing for everyone to have.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
This could actually be a useful project for the members here to try to locate some attorneys that have experience in this legal area so that we could create a listing for everyone to have.
+1 :thumsup

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Great idea. The NRA keeps a list as well. But, how extensive is this list?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Southeast Florida - Miami

Southeast Florida -Miami

The Law Offices of Weiner & Ratzan, P.A.
Two Datran Center
Suite 1910
9130 South Dadeland Boulevard
Miami, FL 33156

Phone: 305 670.9919
Fax: 305 670.9299

http://www.jeffweiner.com/
I have no experience with these folks but they claim to be NRA members. I was doing as has been recommended and researching lawyers here in the Miami area. A web search for "NRA lawyers Miami" turned up these folks.

I'd second a "sticky" posting on the forum of firearms attorneys along with some personal recommendations as people talk to attorneys. I think that would be a highly valuable resource here.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
I e-mailed the NRA asking if they had an attorney referral service. This was their reply:

As a benefit of NRA Membership, we offer attorney referrals to our Members.
To receive a list of attorneys in your area, please call 1.800.672.3888, option 2.
and have your Membership number handy. Or, if you prefer, you may write to us at:

NRA
Attn: Office of General Counsel
11250 Waples Mill Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22030

Thank you very much for your time and consideration,

Ken
NRA Member Communications
11250 Waples Mill Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22030
www.nra.org
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 800.672.3888

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I found an attorney in WPB that might be good on the 2A. Their website is http://www.palmbeachdefense.com
There is a link on their website which says "notable cases". It lists some of their cases which include dropped charges for gun cases where charges were brought by the prosecutor.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
I belong to the Second Amendment Club which is in Pasco County. They have listed an attorney which is also a member of the club. I have not made any contact with him, but if he is a member of a club which supports the Second Amendment and is referred by that organization, I must assume that he would be a good choice.

His info is listed below:

http://www.secondamendmentclub.org/about.html

Legal Help
We hope you never have to use lethal force, but if you do, it can be scary dealing with the legal ramifications. Jeff Lucas is a club member who has experience as a trial attorney in cases where deadly force was used. He's willing to help members who don't already have legal assistance. (This would not be a free service.) Jeff is at 8606 Government Drive; New Port Richey, FL 32654. You can call him at 727-849-5353.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2A lawyer in South Florida / Fort Lauderdale area

When I took my concealed permit class in February, the NRA instructor recommended this attorney:

Ron Baum
office: 954-463-6789
cell: 954-849-0149
http://ronlbaum.com

I have no firsthand experience but am simply passing along the info he provided. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Become a member of the armed citizens legal defense network. $80.00/year but they will help you get a 2A lawyer if you need one. Found out about this organization during Massad Ayoobs LFI-1 class.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts