Florida Concealed Carry banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Though I’ve owned the skills for several years now, I still intend to make most, if not all, of any classes that MAY be offered in the future by Rick and/or Brownie.

Regardless of cost, travel time, or anything else; I really enjoy meeting up again with all the fine folks that I’ve shot with over the last several years, and it's really great to witness what happens when the newbies take to the skills, and learn what they’re truly capable of. Us old timers call that “watching the lightbulbs come on.” It’s one of my favorite things about the training.

Bottom line about the Threat Focused Pistol courses; after my first class, I described the skills that I’d received as nothing less than life changing! I still feel that way…

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
My AAR on this class……

It is always my pleasure to meet like-minded people that come together to accomplish furthering their knowledge. We had a great group of those people in this class. For all to come together, get to know each other, train together, have a ton of fun, and learn things that are new to them….makes this class a big success. I saw the preverbal “Lightbulb” going off a lot. (To all, that is term used many years ago, by me when I first attended such a course….it means…I Get It) I am not one to single out each person in the group for what they accomplished. Those that attended know what they learned and accomplished and they need no re-enforcement from me.

I will give some thanks to those that made this class work .. all are First…because they all made the class work……

First to all the Participants that attended and maintained a safe range for all there and their positive attitude.

First to the RSOs that made sure all were safe on the range. Rick McC, Beerhunter, Shooter4, and Steve.

First to Shark who supplied lunch on Saturday and a cooler of water for all for the weekend.

First to Edgehill for treating all to the Saturday night get together dinner.

First to my Mentor and Friend…..Brownie…..for coming back to Florida and giving us all the training that can keep all of us alive on the streets.

Exbluelight

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
My AAR on this class……

It is always my pleasure to meet like-minded people that come together to accomplish furthering their knowledge. We had a great group of those people in this class. For all to come together, get to know each other, train together, have a ton of fun, and learn things that are new to them….makes this class a big success. I saw the preverbal “Lightbulb” going off a lot. (To all, that is term used many years ago, by me when I first attended such a course….it means…I Get It) I am not one to single out each person in the group for what they accomplished. Those that attended know what they learned and accomplished and they need no re-enforcement from me.

I will give some thanks to those that made this class work .. all are First…because they all made the class work……

First to all the Participants that attended and maintained a safe range for all there and their positive attitude.

First to the RSOs that made sure all were safe on the range. Rick McC, Beerhunter, Shooter4, and Steve.

First to Shark who supplied lunch on Saturday and a cooler of water for all for the weekend.

First to Edgehill for treating all to the Saturday night get together dinner.

First to my Mentor and Friend…..Brownie…..for coming back to Florida and giving us all the training that can keep all of us alive on the streets.

Exbluelight
Amen. ! And thank you to you too for making this happen. I’m proud to be a student of you as well sir. (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just wanted to take a minute and chime in as well:

I'm new to the forum and I thank Edgehill for introducing me to it. I've been shooting for many years but the classes I've taken with instructors on this forum like Bob, Rick and Brownie have by far been the most enjoyable and informative ones since I first picked up a handgun, many years ago. I'm grateful to have met all of you who attended the class. I'm still trying to remember all the new names along with faces as well as forum names.

Thank you, to ALL the RSOs there for keeping us safe while still allowing us to have fun and quite a few laughs as well.

Thank you, Brownie. It was a pleasure meeting you (I had heard a lot about you) as well as taking one of your training class. You're definitely a character and I laughed a lot after dinner listening to you & your stories. It's a shame you have no plans to return, as I'm sure many of us would sign up at the chance to learn more from you. I greatly appreciate all the guidance and advice you gave me, as it really helped me see things differently, especially without using my gun's sights. Even learned how to properly sharpen my knife. (y)

I look forward to seeing you all again, along with any others who didn't make it to this last class.

-Carlos

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
First, a big Thank You to everyone who made this class possible.
It's always great to get a chance to refresh the skills and fun to see what new scenarios get thrown in. There are a few things I need to work on and its always good to find that out in training rather than the hard way (where I'm less likely to get that chance). And with Rick and Brownie, its just plain fun to train. Thanks to you both.

Thanks to all the ROs, Rick, Steve, Beerhunter, & Shooter4.

Thanks to Shark for lunch and Edgehill for dinner.

It was a great weekend and if it really turns out to be the last one, time well spent.

·
Registered
55,823 Posts
Copious amounts of snake oil were dispensed over the weekend at Okeechobee. Students gulped it down as fast as it could be dispensed. It's my sincere wish that no one got sick from drinking it in quantity.

This trip reminded why I haven't flown in 4 years, and reinforced [ with the new mandated requirements to enter airports and while flying ] that I'm not all that keen to repeat it anytime soon.

Without the support of some students playing dual roles as RSO's, Rick for hosting the event and working through all the logistics that culminated in a smoothly run two days of fast and furious pistol shooting, we'd not have created the memories, nor met in person new friends from the forum and beyond.

A BIG thank you to all the above who attended and worked continuously all weekend to keep everyone safe on the range. Without everyone's cooperation, it wouldn't have gone off so seamlessly smooth nor would we have covered so much ground in two days.

I think the previous pages of reviews by those who attended says it all. No need to expound further, for it's the students and support people [ many of them in dual roles RSOing ] who are the reason last weekend went off so well.

It was my pleasure and honor to meet, interact and train with some new faces, along with the opportunity to train with many people from past courses. Kudo's to everyone who attended, former and new members to the course of fire alike.

Thanks for the memories. Does it get any better than that?

Brownie

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
It's always great to get a chance to refresh the skills and fun to see what new scenarios get thrown in. There are a few things I need to work on and its always good to find that out in training rather than the hard way (where I'm less likely to get that chance). And with Rick and Brownie, its just plain fun to train. Thanks to you both.

It was a great weekend and if it really turns out to be the last one, time well spent.
You forgot Kim, Kim! (S4.)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

You forgot Kim, Kim! (S4.)
He's there

·
Registered
55,823 Posts
Caleb, could you send me the pics you took last weekend to my email account? I tired to send you a pm but it wouldn't go through. Send me a pm, I'll give you the addy

thanks

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Caleb, could you send me the pics you took last weekend to my email account? I tired to send you a pm but it wouldn't go through. Send me a pm, I'll give you the addy

thanks
Yes Sir, pm in route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 76 of 76 Posts