Registered
7,800 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I left a little bit early today with a work conflict. In short summary, it was an honor to participate in the last class of these two training titans. Forgive the pun but I think we all know that the training coming in from Arizona is of the highest caliber. I thoroughly enjoyed both days and learned a lot.

To me, almost as important as the training was the fraternity we have built over the last number of years. There were newer members we met, a guest of Shooter4 that was named after a pistol.(I’m kidding,Colt) And of course the old-school guys and girls.

We were able to have a couple of meals together, spend some time telling stories and catching up with each other. Our group consists of members from literally all walks of life with the common interest of self-defense and firearms. I feel like everybody is Family, everyone was respectful and cordial with each other, nobody was other than helpful and accommodating.

With the forum occasionally but rarely having someone who feels compelled to curse, insult or belittle another member, it was heartening to hang out with a bunch of genuine decent human beings who had nothing to prove except that we are all friends with a common interest. I feel I am richer for having had the experience this weekend. My sincere thanks to Brownie for making the trip and to Rick Weaver for putting it together.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Shark's words pretty much sum up every training event I've ever attended with members of this forum...it goes back many years along with many great memories...those of us who aren't present live vicariously through the photos and our own memories...

·
Registered
7,800 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I forgot how much fun it was having Brownie teach the class. The stories never end…

Was there a final group photo as well? I've been awol so long I'm not remembering names anymore.
Looks like it was a wonderful class.
~MamaBear
It was a classic brownie production!! And like the Beatles, one album a year after the break up would be welcomed, frak TSA, come on Brownie admit you miss us!! And how about a H2H/knife class a year…….? My skills are fading……i sure like going to okeechobee more then Volusia…..OK enough of that

thanks to everyone who donated to the “lets keep Warrior Princess shooting” fund. She was very appreciative and had a “blast“…..and Shark for providing water and lunch saturday!

Half hip, 3/4 hip, zipper, wall of lead, quick kill and more. I like the dual role of shooting and ROing. The skills from saturday to sunday improved for everyone. i enjoyed the the tactical thinking sections and think more of that would be beneficial…..if there is a future 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
30,664 Posts
Here's some more pics from day two:

Trousers Plant Cloud Sky Nature

Sky Trousers Cloud Plant Tree

Sky Cloud People in nature Tree Grass

Sky Jeans Cloud Plant Tree

Plant Cloud Sky Tree Cemetery

Jeans Sky Cloud Plant Tree

Jeans Trousers Sky Cloud Plant

Great seeing the smiles come to people's faces each time they realized they'd just acquired or still owned each skill brownie taught them! What a great weekend with lots of familiar faces, some new faces, and brownie and EBL teaching. Wish I'd captured a group photo because I don't think anyone else did either, unless it was just a random candid shot. Also, it was great working with RSOs Steve, Rick McC, and shooter4 again so we each also got to spend time on the line shooting those same skills! It's safe to say EVERYONE had a fun, safe weekend, broke bread Friday and Saturday nights (many thanks to Edgehill for picking up the dinner bill for the entire group of 15 people Saturday evening; that was above and beyond!), and learned a tremendous amount, even about themselves and what they can accomplish with their EDC! As brownie is famous for saying, the mind is the limiting factor! I know the flight out was a PITA, brownie but we all really appreciated your efforts for this class way more than any of us can express and wish you a safe journey home today! (y) (y)

21 - 40 of 76 Posts