Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about either a grip or guide rod laser for my G26.... Any thoughts??

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have also been thinking about an internal lazer for my G19, but at $279, it is an expensive toy, and i have been told that once you have one, you will become dependent on it for aiming.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got one on my Airweight when it was new. Don't know if I'd spend the $$ on one again or not. It's useless in bright light over a few feet. Any subdued light or dark, it's great but Just adds one more confusion factor. I rarely use it. Just my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've had quite a discussion on this here.. hope it helps.. http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455&highlight=Laser
Wow.. that was some read, thanks! Here's what I got out of it:
  1. The "Old School" seems to resist it
  2. The consensus seems to agree they are not a panacea for poor skills
  3. They may help as an adjunct tool

My personal take is that I do not, nor will I ever have the time or money to rise to the level of expertise that Brownie, Swampy, or Deadeye have. I'll never shoot enough for it to be in muscle memory, or be instinctive. The range near me doesn't even allow holsters to be worn or cross lane shooting. If I want to do any holster, or transition work I need to drive an hour away. That aside, the economics of range fees, ammo, targets etc. keeps my range trips to every other month or so. If I had an extra Grand, I'd love to take Brownie's course!

I probably wouldn't get a laser for my carry weapon... but just might for the one beside my bed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts