Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The ammo I'm planning on buying (after a heads up from fuzzy03cls and a little bit of research) for my future AK (7.62x39mm) has its casings coated with lacquer. I did some quick research online, but only found other forums with folk arguing back and forth about it.

Sure, this is an internet forum too, but I trust y'all's word more. So, of those of you who have experience with lacquer coated steel casings on 7.62x39's, have you had any issues with it? Thanks in advance!

ETA: The alternative buy for me would be non-lacquer coated steel cased ammo. So y'all can pro/con those two for me if you like to hear yourself typing, and it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
In a AK? Strange anyone would say not to use it. That's what a AK is designed for. In an 7.62X39 AR15, you may see problems. But the AK runs 100%. Now maybe if a gun has a problem it may not run well, But that's that particular AK's fault.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
I've run THOUSANDS of rounds of the stuff through a Mini-14 in .223

No issues to date

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I read the lacquer doesn't form as tight of a seal with the chamber, so that more fouling than normal gets back in there and after a lot of shooting the buildup causes issues with extraction.

But if y'all haven't had any issue with the stuff, then...:thumsup

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
never had any problems with lacquer coated casings in my ak. that eats what ever you feed it. if i feed my ar lacquer coated , i am prepared with a cleaning rod to get the stuck cases out. wolf ammo seems to be "dirtier" compared brass casings.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
From what I read the lacquer doesn't form as tight of a seal with the chamber, so that more fouling than normal gets back in there and after a lot of shooting the buildup causes issues with extraction.

But if y'all haven't had any issue with the stuff, then...:thumsup
That's a AR15 thing with steel case .223. Not the AK47.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
MyAK,SKS and Minnie-14 have no problem with lacquered ammo. Hope they never do. cause I've got a lot of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts