Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
nra this nra that... I'll stick with a much better organization who truly fights for our 2A rights - Alan Gottlieb and the Second Amendment Foundation.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The never ending saga of the NRA...either hate it or love it, seems very few people can honestly evaluate it anymore. IMO....sure, it is the number 1 gun advocate organization in the USA. I has its purpose and for the most part does what is needed. It is perfect? Well if anyone says yes, they live in a unicorn and rainbow world. It wastes tons of money on inflated salaries, over priced adds and so called celebrities to be their spokespeople. It picks and chooses fights that they perceive easy to win or they jump on a give me case and endorses it claiming a victory. I would like to see more effort in circulating the truth about firearms, you know, the difference between a semi auto and a full fledged REAL military assault weapon. Their job is not easy in the firearms false liberal world of today. They can not go to schools like they once did, can not go town to town in a vehicle with firearms in it. Most 4H clubs have expelled them as a part of the clubs' effort to teach young people to shoot. All this tells me one thing....they must try harder than ever if they really want to make a difference.

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
They are a lot better at management after the shakeup., Just think if the N.R.A. was gone completely. Would it be possible to get five million gun owners to get a group together and lobby in Washington on our own.
I don't think so.
The Democrat ploy to destroy the N.R.A. was a threat to us all.
I still think that if every gun owner or freedom loving American would join up,to have 20 million members,
Nobody in Washington D.C. or any state government would even try to take Americas guns away.
Strength in numbers is what greases the wheels of justice and freedom
Ronnie

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
They are a lot better at management after the shakeup., Just think if the N.R.A. was gone completely. Would it be possible to get five million gun owners to get a group together and lobby in Washington on our own.
I don't think so.
The Democrat ploy to destroy the N.R.A. was a threat to us all.
I still think that if every gun owner or freedom loving American would join up,to have 20 million members,
Nobody in Washington D.C. or any state government would even try to take Americas guns away.
Strength in numbers is what greases the wheels of justice and freedom
Ronnie
I do not see every gun owner joining making a huge difference Ronnie. If EVERY gun owner VOTED it would make more of a difference. Our biggest problem is the number of gun owners thinking the NRA will do all the work for us gun owners and sitting home cleaning their shotguns instead of making the difference with a stong showing .....vote out the liberals....vote out the RINOs and vote out the politicians that can not understand they work for "We the People"

·
Super Moderator
26,574 Posts
^^^^
Hear, hear! (y)

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Most Americans actually go out and work for a living. They can not always take the time to do what you are correctly saying.
On the other side you have the NON-Working Americans, Moms against everything and Democrat Politicians that have all day because most are on some program and they don't have to work.
This is a serious problem on election days.
I am 77 and remember that on election days, EVERYTHING WAS CLOSED so the working people could get to vote.
Not anymore,
Most can't afford to call in sick and when you add in the democrats have people going into the churches to learn how and where to put the mark on a ballet, Feed them, Have the buses bring them to the polls and make it a fun carnival atmosphere
It is a wonder Trump won at all..
Now they want to get rid of the electoral college (((I WONDER WHY)))
The N.R.A. is really not perfect but it does a lot and is way better then no Organization at all.
Ronnie

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Where do you live?....I am 70 and have never not voted because I could not find time to get to the polls. Have done early voting....have used absentee ballots gone on lunch breaks, employeer give me a long lunch break to vote. IF Democrats can have ways to get their party members to the polls why cann't republicans? Democrats are not the only ones with friends to take them...sorry Ronnie can not find any credibility in not finding a way to get to the polls.

·
Super Moderator
26,574 Posts
Where do you live?....I am 70 and have never not voted because I could not find time to get to the polls. Have done early voting....have used absentee ballots gone on lunch breaks, employeer give me a long lunch break to vote. IF Democrats can have ways to get their party members to the polls why cann't republicas? Democrats are not the only ones with friends to take them...sorry Ronnie can not find any credibility in not finding a way to get to the polls.
This x 1,000,000!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I still think it would be a good idea to at least have something to guarantee time off for a worker to go vote.
Ronnie

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Moments ago, I upgraded my NRA membership. In their current magazine, there's a page with a web address (www.NRA2020.org) where you can contribute to the NRA's fight for the next election by upgrading your membership. You punch in your membership #, your ZIP code, and email address. It then takes you the upgrade offer from your current status. They're offering some BIG discounts. So, I took them up on it and upgraded from Life Endowment to Life Patron. $250 instead of the normal $1250.

Offer expires July 24, 2020.

I think it's well worth it. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: BeerHunter
21 - 32 of 32 Posts