·
Registered
15,021 Posts
Still beats the livin f*** outta that do nothing lying shill Dudley Brown

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Talk about pooping out of his mouth.
When the democrats went after the N.R.A. they brought up a few things that may or may not be wrong but when they brought up the huge amount of money that Wayne spent, They did not state the money was spent covering over
25 + year period. They acted like he spent it all at one single shopping spree.And it was not all spent on him.
The N.R.A. is still our best choice if we want to keep our 2nd. amendment.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
You gotta be kidding
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Ya think Dudley Brown is doing a much better job ?????????????????
The N.R.A. may not be perfect but they are still our best hope of protecting the right to own and use your guns.
You are talking like the infiltrators that tried to take down the organization with slander and lies.
Ronnie

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
It’s the best thing we’ve got and probably the only thing we’ve got to defend the Second Amendment. I too have a problem with the NRA. A homeowner making $40,000 a year sends in his 25 or $30 for membership in the NRA because he’s concerned that his right to keep self defense guns may be in peril. If you compare that to Wayne Lapierre making 1.4 million a year, spending $39,000 on one shopping trip for fancy clothing and spending a little over 18,000 for a car and driver to take him around Europe in one trip, it’s insulting and absurd. He’s not royalty, he’s a politician and not even a gun guy as I understand.

The actual receipts were leaked by somebody when the conflict arose between Lapierre and Oliver North. I don’t think it was the Democrats that did it to him, it was a self-inflicted wound by his own royal lifestyle that was paid for by our dues. 200 grand in travel expenses mostly involving a Christmas time trip to the Bahamas is a little much. That’s one reason membership has fallen off and they are laying people off. People have long memories and, for some, they might as well include a note with your dues notice “Wayne wants to go on another $40,000 shopping spree at his favorite Beverly Hills haberdashery, please send your $35 in today”

I had to wear suits every time I went to court. They certainly weren’t super high end but, I bought my own clothes. I didn’t charge them to clients. I consider that overreaching. Some of the partners in my law firm would charge clients meal expenses when they went out of town. I never did that in almost 40 years because I figured if I stayed in town I would’ve eaten a meal there and that was overreaching.

As I said, they are the best we’ve got. I just have a problem with that French sounding snobby fashion plate. The best thing he’s done is give the speech “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun“ and an overpaid speech writer probably wrote that for him.

I think the NRA went unsupervised and unchecked for way too long. They were flush with cash at our expense and you can’t satisfy greed. Other than that, they’re great.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
It is a crying shame with what goes on but what are we supposed to support?
The Bloomberg $$$$$ is a big problem to us and we really only have the N.R.A. to at least try to depend on.
You and I know that eventually, The Democrats will be in control and do away with the 2nd. amendment.
I'm 77 and should not really care but I have one very serious problem.
I love America and the freedom the constitution affords us citizens.
What the Bloomberg & Soros New World Order is doing is going to destroy our country.
The N.R.A. is not perfect and like any large organization, $$$$$ is wasted and some of the people in the corporate power are paid way toooooo much. Hospitals, Colleges, our Government, ETC. are all guilty of this.
Charities are a huge problem with greedy executives.
I will be staying with the N.R.A. & Florida Carry until the day I die.
Neither are 100% perfect, But they are still better then nothing.
Ronnie

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I’m with you, Ronnie. I don’t think anybody will ever take away the Second Amendment. Now if he allegedly “conservative majority“ Supreme Court will just take a second amendment case, we can do something now to strengthen.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m with you, Ronnie. I don’t think anybody will ever take away the Second Amendment. Now if he allegedly “conservative majority“ Supreme Court will just take a second amendment case, we can do something now to strengthen.
Remember even Obama says he supported the 2nd Amendment.

What they will do is just keep whittling it down to where it is meaningless (almost there now).

And the NRA will be helping them do it every step of the way because they continually compromise on core issue. Remember they support red flag laws, the NFA, machine gun bans, bump stock bans, etc.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Jackinson,
Why do you even want to talk about something as important as this without telling "ALL" of the facts
The N.R.A. was smart enough to know about how the Red Flag always will be approved and offered a version that would actually protect the law abiding citizen.
It is not like you say, They did not create or push those laws.
I gotta ask, Do you want a known monster type nut to have guns handy when they talk about going on a killing spree?
The N.R.A. just produced some guide lines to at least try to protect a citizen. and have consequences for the people that make up a lie against a gun owner.
The Laws were coming anyway without any protection to the innocent.
Here are some actual facts for you to digest .((UNLESS YOU ARE A DUDLEY BROWN SHILL))

Ronnie

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh man! I wish I could find a quadruple-facepalm meme, because in response to this stupidity, even a double-facepalm is not enough!
You know the NRA wrote the 1934 NFA, right? And that they supported the machine gun ban in 86? And that they endorsed Harry Reid and Bernie Sanders? And they support red flag gun confiscation laws and bump stock bans?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The N.R.A. was smart enough to know about how the Red Flag always will be approved and offered a version that would actually protect the law abiding citizen.
Wrong. There was no reason for a Republican legislature to approve them. And since they are ex parte they are a clear violation of the Bill of Rights and the right to face your accuser with due process.

It is not like you say, They did not create or push those laws.

Actually they did push them.

I gotta ask, Do you want a known monster type nut to have guns handy when they talk about going on a killing spree?
Dumb question is dumb. Under your dislogic everyone should have to prove they are ok in order to own or buy a gun. That is contrary to the 2nd Amendment and the natural right to keep and bear arms.

The N.R.A. just produced some guide lines to at least try to protect a citizen. and have consequences for the people that make up a lie against a gun owner.
Incorrect. The NRA actively compromised away our rights which is their standard operating procedure. They are a Republican establishment protection machine which seeks to find common ground with the progressives who want to ban all guns.

Amazed that people here are still defending the NRA because really no one else out there is anymore. They've long since given up, but that's one of the reasons the NRA is in such financial trouble.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I really hate to say it, But you are a troll idiot.
Ronnie
PS: You are now dead to me because you do not make any common since at all,
I do not think you are even being serious about this.
Your head is stuck in limbo just like any other DEMOCRAT

·
Super Moderator
26,291 Posts
Don't feed the trolls! SCROOM!

·
Registered
54,299 Posts
You know the NRA wrote the 1934 NFA, right? And that they supported the machine gun ban in 86? And that they endorsed Harry Reid and Bernie Sanders? And they support red flag gun confiscation laws and bump stock bans?
Incorrect, The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act. Get your facts straight.

·
Registered
54,299 Posts
What I th
And you think it's ok to support the largest gun control bill in the history of the country?
What I think is irrelevant. But you can stop making false claims about the NRA as you did in this thread anytime, and that opinion is relevant.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts