Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to buy a Glock 43 x to complement my recent purchase of a Glock 17 Gen 5. I joined the GSSF a week or two ago and got my packet today in the mail. The GSSF has recently changed the rules and now gives a pistol purchase coupon to ANY new members. I had been looking at GT Distributors online for a couple weeks and they have the 43x with glock standard sights available online. In order to purchase with the discount you have to call them and give them your info then mail in the pistol purchase coupon and once they receive it they will send it to your FFL of choice. I called the local (to me) GT distributor in Orange Park, Fl. and they told me they had the standard sight and the ameriglo model in stock for Blue Label and that I could come purchase it at the store with my coupon and walk out with it with my CCW. I left my home within 10 minutes of hanging up with them. It's about 40 miles from my house to the store and when I arrived I told them I had called and was going to purchase the Glock 43x with my GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon. The guy behind the counter said he had to wait on someone to be available to go upstairs and check the inventory. I waited about 10 minutes and then was told they didn't have one in the store. I asked if they had the standard sight model and was told they didn't have any G43x in stock. I told the guy I called about 40 minutes before I came to the store and was told both models were in stock. He told me they were pulled for an order, and then I asked in the last 40 minutes, and he replied that they were. I find that hard to believe but then again maybe it did happen that way. A little perturbed by it though.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
I can relate. Bass Pro Shop in Tampa recently had a Sig P365 in stock on their web site. I drove about an hour to get there only to find out they were now sold out. It happens. Waited about ten days to see it come back in stock on their web site. It was middle of the week. I called them and asked if they were in stock and if so, how many they had. Guy said they had a few. So off I went and when I got there I bought my second 365.

Guns move very fast in this market...

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I decided to buy a Glock 43 x to complement my recent purchase of a Glock 17 Gen 5. I joined the GSSF a week or two ago and got my packet today in the mail. The GSSF has recently changed the rules and now gives a pistol purchase coupon to ANY new members. I had been looking at GT Distributors online for a couple weeks and they have the 43x with glock standard sights available online. In order to purchase with the discount you have to call them and give them your info then mail in the pistol purchase coupon and once they receive it they will send it to your FFL of choice. I called the local (to me) GT distributor in Orange Park, Fl. and they told me they had the standard sight and the ameriglo model in stock for Blue Label and that I could come purchase it at the store with my coupon and walk out with it with my CCW. I left my home within 10 minutes of hanging up with them. It's about 40 miles from my house to the store and when I arrived I told them I had called and was going to purchase the Glock 43x with my GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon. The guy behind the counter said he had to wait on someone to be available to go upstairs and check the inventory. I waited about 10 minutes and then was told they didn't have one in the store. I asked if they had the standard sight model and was told they didn't have any G43x in stock. I told the guy I called about 40 minutes before I came to the store and was told both models were in stock. He told me they were pulled for an order, and then I asked in the last 40 minutes, and he replied that they were. I find that hard to believe but then again maybe it did happen that way. A little perturbed by it though.
I also find it hard to beleive as well. Either you were lied to on the phone or you were lied to in the store, and the guy just didn't want to bother to take the time to look. Sorry you experienced this. I'd walk out and not return, in that case.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I have run into that situation.
Sometimes,the store will take a CCC# over the phone for a deposit and hold it with my name on it.

Reactions: Marilyn

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
As someone that works in a gun store from time to time, I can say that it is not outside the realm of possibilities.

In the current climate, I have sold guns as they were coming out of the shipping box. I was logging it in to the bound book while they were filling out their 4473.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
mr. Guitargain .. They Ought to Be Glad They weren't Dealing With Me ! I just Cannot Stand Incompetence , Notwithstanding the Trip There & Not Just around the Corner ! I had a similar Experience at UPS & When it was Delivered, Their "Special Double Box" Packing Job & Arrived Completely Destroyed !! I Just Could Not Go Back There & Complain , As I KNOW MYSELF ! You Have My Empathy In Spades my Friend ! "Gunner" .. MAN ! :rolleyes: 😡

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
with guns moving the way they are it would be foolish not to put a hold on an item if you arent standing in front of it when they tell you it's in stock...money talks and the first to the table eats...i dont care who you are or how powerful you think you are ("They Ought to Be Glad They weren't Dealing With Me"...lol)...people call all the time and dont show up to buy...

when i bought my boat the broker and i were hooking it to my truck as a guy pulled in and looked very disappointed...i apologized and said ive been here dealing with them for three hours...he had called earlier about the boat and drove in from the other coast...too bad for the broker cause i beat the hell out him and the owner (on the phone) driving the price down...but even the broker stated he will always take the money in his hand over the promise on the phone...

Reactions: milkmanjoe

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
As someone that works in a gun store from time to time, I can say that it is not outside the realm of possibilities.

In the current climate, I have sold guns as they were coming out of the shipping box. I was logging it in to the bound book while they were filling out their 4473.
That's called TURNOVER!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
That's called TURNOVER!!!!!!
Mr. Fish .. Yes You Are 'Correct' , Especially For The 'Gunshop' . Not So Great for a Long Time Customer of Their Establishment .. Been there , Done That & Then 'Dropped Them' . I Found Using My Old Contacts Online ( 9) or so , They Would Email me 'Exactly' When The Particular Firearm 'Had Arrived' . I Also Received The "Back In Stock" Email .. I Left my C/Card with Them to Help Guarantee My Purchase & Mail it Out Quite Quickly . Just Today , I Did Receive Such an Email From a B/O Maybe (5) Weeks ago . I inquired Asap & They Replied "On The Way Already " ..* The Company was 'Buffalo Arms' * .. A 'Keeper' For Me Now ! (y) P.S. * I Do Understand A 'Gunshop' ( In Person Buyer ) Vs 'Online' Purchaser . Some 'May Say' That's 'Apples & Oranges' & That's Fine . It Works For Me Personally However . It's a Touchy Subject & To Each is Own .. I'm Learning on Here , A Different Opinion Is Quite " Healthly ".

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update to the story. So Monday morning I called the GT Distributors and got a lady on the phone. They had previously told me that I could order the gun on the phone and then would have to mail the pistol purchase coupon in and then they would send it to my FFL of choice or ship to the store in Orange Park. So I told the lady that it showed in stock on the internet page and I would like to order it. She asked where I would like it shipped and I told her that Orange Park would be great, then she tells me she is in Orange Park and is the general manager. She checks and tells me they have both the standard 43x and the Ameriglo Bold sight version as well. She also told me that they got a shipment in about the time they told me Friday they didn't have any and I guess they were still checking them in at the time. I asked her what I needed to do in order to make sure one was there if I came in the next hour. She gave me her name and said she would put the Ameriglo Bold 43x on her desk and tell the clerk when I got there she held it for me. Went and bought it and also two boxes of Speer Lawman FMJ 50 rd for 14 a box.

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
Congrats, guitargain! (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Update to the story. So Monday morning I called the GT Distributors and got a lady on the phone. They had previously told me that I could order the gun on the phone and then would have to mail the pistol purchase coupon in and then they would send it to my FFL of choice or ship to the store in Orange Park. So I told the lady that it showed in stock on the internet page and I would like to order it. She asked where I would like it shipped and I told her that Orange Park would be great, then she tells me she is in Orange Park and is the general manager. She checks and tells me they have both the standard 43x and the Ameriglo Bold sight version as well. She also told me that they got a shipment in about the time they told me Friday they didn't have any and I guess they were still checking them in at the time. I asked her what I needed to do in order to make sure one was there if I came in the next hour. She gave me her name and said she would put the Ameriglo Bold 43x on her desk and tell the clerk when I got there she held it for me. Went and bought it and also two boxes of Speer Lawman FMJ 50 rd for 14 a box.
!
Great ! Also good Buy On The Ammo ! You're Good To Go Now ! ;)(y)
"Gunner"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts