Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought one of these puppies on impulse. I tore it apart, lubed, inspected as usual. It’s a nice lightweight shottie that is impressive.

When I tried to reassemble, I just couldn’t force the top half down on the bottom half. I re-read the manual, walked away, tried another day, inspected everything and still couldn’t force them together.

I live an hour from a Kel Tec, but I just called one of their gunsmiths and told him I felt like a fool, but what am I missing? I explained that I’m pretty familiar with weapons and was stumped.

His answer......use a Rubber Mallet. First time I’ve ever heard that one. It will hurt my heart to beat a gun with a rubber mallet, but they made them! I’m also led to believe they kick like a mule, when I’m through with counseling after beating a weapon with a mallet, I will check that out.

Cheers, friends.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I bought my wife a new mark iv, before I left the LGS the shop owner ran me through disassembly and reassembly.
He explained using a mallet :aarg and showed me.

3:50 and 4:30

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
It’s a Kel-tec , beat the crap out of it! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
And if ever you cannot find your rubber mallet, wrap an unloaded Hi-Point pistol in a hand towel and use it. Works just as well. 🙂

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Rubber mallet is part of my gunsmithing tool box.

Helpful, especially when a gun is new and the parts have not worn together yet.

Kudos for stopping when parts were not going together smoothly and asking for advice!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
:banghead that sucks

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Inoperative as in it will not cycle, or the slide moves, but the bolt isn't opening?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slides back halfway then binds hard. Kel Tec has wonderful customer service, they have fixed things like my folding AR while I hung around. They are in Cocoa, pretty close. I’ll be seeing them again. Won’t trust the shottie till they handle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts