Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a Kahr CW9 as my first carry gun and I'm looking for opinions. I have plenty of experience with firearms but have never carried before. So I'm looking for a reasonably priced, compact weapon that will not be too cumbersome and uncomfortable carried in our Florida summers.

The CW9 is significantly slimmer than a Glock; in the same size class as the Walther PPS but less expensive. And at 17 ounces its certainly lightweight. I think the DAO action of the Kahr's is a reasonable compromise with my prefered affirmative safety (Colt 1911 style) and provides some advantages of its own. But at the end of the day the size, weight and comfort are perhaps more important than anything --- they really determine whether one will carry all the time.

So your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
I carry a Kahr P9 as my daily carry weapon...it's by far the best compact pistol I have ever owned (albeit not the cheapest).

·
Registered
480 Posts
I carry a PM9. The light weight and thinness are excellent; very comfortable for extended carry.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I carry a Glock 36 all day long and am not a slim person but have no problem with my baby it's 45 cal 7 in the mag + 1 in the tube (Pearce +1 ext)conceals quite well and I forget it's on my side most of the time. Just something else to think about.........:pistols:pistols

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JT/deadeyedick
Thanks for the input. I've about made up my mind to go the CW9 route. Now all that remains is to get a voucher from the family treasurer (which might be a bit of a challenge after this week's AR15 purchase :)

Pops004
Gee thanks, yet something else to think about :)

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
JT/deadeyedick
Thanks for the input. I've about made up my mind to go the CW9 route. Now all that remains is to get a voucher from the family treasurer (which might be a bit of a challenge after this week's AR15 purchase :)

Just say you need a "bailout". :rolf

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don't suppose ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts