Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a non resident FL. Since 09 and I located to Charlotte County area wondering if there is a way to transfer the non resident llc to a resident without going through the entire process. Also I have some guns I would like to sell any ideas to unload them privately using a ffl?

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Welcome to FL from Tampa Bay! I'm sure BeerHunter will be along shortly to have you do an "Introduce yourself" post.

To answer your question, there is no difference between "resident" and "non resident" licenses. Only the address on file. So when you change your address to Florida with DOACS, you automatically become a "resident." I was a "non-resident" up until I left the PRNJ to move here, permanently. As soon as I got my Florida DL, I changed the address with DOACS and, immediately, I became a "resident." No change to the license itself. It's all on their files for you.

Good luck and Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
32,233 Posts
Hey all, I have a non resident FL. Since 09 and I located to Charlotte County area wondering if there is a way to transfer the non resident llc to a resident without going through the entire process. Also I have some guns I would like to sell any ideas to unload them privately using a ffl?

Thanks
Gary
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Captg!

There's no such thing as a Resident and non-Resident FCWFL; they are the same and one just enjoys Resident privileges IF one has established Florida residency. Make sure you've changed you address with DOACS, too (see f.s. Chapter 790.015 here).

Now since you just joined FCC without making a proper introduction and we're probably unaware, please take the time to actually educate yourself on how FCC really works (see last paragraph below) and then please post you're own proper Introduction Thread to FCC as described here. Your Introduction Thread lets forum members get to know you more, including where you're from and why you're here (as someone who's apparently very about as far from Florida as one can be), without getting too personal and you'll also get to know us more as members welcome you to the forum! You can make that introduction by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. An Introduction to FCC usually let's us know a little more about you, your firearms experience and ideas on self-defense and then lots of other FCC members will usually chime in to properly welcome you to the forum and after getting to know you a bit more will be more responsive in answering your questions.

I'd like to point out that if you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding justified use of force and Florida firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Also, I highly recommend you read this thread to understand how to navigate FCC to get the most out of your experience. One particular item that's caught many veteran FCC members off guard is the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of each page, which MAY contain quite old threads of inactive conversations lacking up-to-date information or context. So beware of the date of the last post (just to the right of the post number) in any thread you come across so you don't mistakenly think every post is recent and start responding to very old posts/threads that been dormant for quite some time, sometimes for many years.

Again, welcome to FCC and good luck! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts