Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know im in for a long wait so im gonna try and just forget about it and be surprised when it gets here.

·
653 Posts
That's what I did. I called once to make sure they got it and it was entered into the system. Then I just went about my business and when it got here I almost threw it away because I felt that credit card like feel through the envelope. At first thought I said, those credit card companies are at it again. I was hovering over the trash can when I spotted the name of Charles Bronson on the return side. I would have still been waiting for it if I hadn't caught myself.

Don't worry you will have it in about three months. Unless you have mamabear's luck, then you will get it around the time Obama leaves office. :rolf:rolf (oh mamabear is going to skin me if she sees this).:ak

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Well it's out of your hands now. All you can do now is carry at home to get the feel for it. You can also take it with you in the car. Try not to wear a path to and from the mailbox :D.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Don't worry you will have it in about three months. Unless you have mamabear's luck, then you will get it around the time Obama leaves office. (oh mamabear is going to skin me if she sees this).:ak
It only took 110 days plus two submissions of fingerprints. As everyone here knows I was the picture perfect model of patience during my wait. :rolf I can't begin to imagine what henryher is talking about.

:D

MamaBear

·
Registered
974 Posts
It only took 110 days plus two submissions of fingerprints. As everyone here knows I was the picture perfect model of patience during my wait. :rolf I can't begin to imagine what henryher is talking about.

:D

MamaBear
Err, we thought you were going to become a patient.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Way to many of us listening and counseling for MB to become a patient. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Used to have concealed permit when I lived in Ct. , moved to Fl was working for an armored truck co. part time with a d & g license carried open obviously. But its been a long time since then and will be nice to be able to carry my weapon when I want or need to. I choose to carry a stainless S&W 6906 with hydra shock and 12 rd mag. Lightweight, easily concealed and reliable. I like Glock also carried / trained with it as it was issued to me by armored truck co. but dont own one as of yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
bwtr,

I know the wait is excruciating but once you have the plastic in your hand you will find that the wait was worth it. You hang in there and post when you need encouragement. We're here for you.

MamaBear

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
moved to Fl was working for an armored truck co. part time with a d & g license carried open obviously
It's surely been rough for armored car companies as of late in S Florida. You got out in time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Mama , It is just the unknown hoping I didnt screw anything up on the app packet even though I CHECKED ,DOUBLE CHECKED, TRIPLE CHEKED , LOL YOU NEVER KNOW.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NKMG19, Yes glad i did not need the job anymore nd got out before things got crazy ,especially now in todays economy. I remember a guy working for same co. on the east coast walking out of a Lowes with his messneger bag and an assailant walked up from behind him shot him in back of his head and took the bag he never even had a chance to draw his weapon or take cover That make you think twice about doing the job.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Thanks Mama , It is just the unknown hoping I didnt screw anything up on the app packet even though I CHECKED ,DOUBLE CHECKED, TRIPLE CHEKED , LOL YOU NEVER KNOW.
I did the same thing. Checked and rechecked and checked again. I thought I was ready to go, then had noticed I forgot to sign the app. Scared the : censored out of me. It already takes 3 months, that would have added a ton more time. then I was ready to seal it up and found that I had dropped the check on the floor. I was sooo nervous not wanting to screw it up that I was my own worst enemy. I am sure you did a fine job crossing your t's and dotting your i's. :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
I know how that feels. I photocopied everything and checked the copies several times to make sure I had everything filled out right.

·
653 Posts
I thought I was ready to go, then had noticed I forgot to sign the app. ...then I was ready to seal it up and found that I had dropped the check on the floor. I was sooo nervous not wanting to screw it up that I was my own worst enemy.
Barnie, you keep that up, we may have to take your bullet away.:rolf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts