Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Dear Mr. 7.62; Per your request:
To you my wording is the same as the Fish but I am not the Fish.
My politics are vastly different. Perhaps the similarities you see are that I do not "suffer fools gladly" and I am intolerant of poor logic and ignorant thought.
Yes I entered the USAF in 1966. That year saw the largest troop buildup ever in Nam. I and thousands of others enlisted.
I say "mea culpa", that is due to my upbringing in latin...The Fish,as I remember is (was) Jewish and proud of it.
Who here have I met??? NOYB!!!!!!
I'm sure a few members you've met from here will chime in they've met you. The more secret squirrel you appear to be, the more members are going to be convinced you're not who you claim to be, or not be as the case may be. :eek:

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
Dear Mr. 7.62; Per your request:
To you my wording is the same as the Fish but I am not the Fish.
My politics are vastly different. Perhaps the similarities you see are that I do not "suffer fools gladly" and I am intolerant of poor logic and ignorant thought.
Yes I entered the USAF in 1966. That year saw the largest troop buildup ever in Nam. I and thousands of others enlisted.
I say "mea culpa", that is due to my upbringing in latin...The Fish,as I remember is (was) Jewish and proud of it.
Who here have I met??? NOYB!!!!!!
You mentioned you’ve met a few here yet tell us it’s none of our business who that is. I’ve met almost everyone here and have no problems saying it. Almost all of them can and will vouch for me and who I really am. Some things you say are different than Fish yet many more are just like them .
Until the ones you’ve met speak up I’m still a doubter.
You’re Fish as far as I’m concerned. Prove me wrong.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
You mentioned you’ve met a few here yet tell us it’s none of our business who that is. I’ve met almost everyone here and have no problems saying it. Almost all of them can and will vouch for me and who I really am. Some things you say are different than Fish yet many more are just like them .
Until the ones you’ve met speak up I’m still a doubter.
You’re Fish as far as I’m concerned. Prove me wrong.
I will say this is a very strange one for sure . I didn't have the 'advantage' when first joining , to name 'Anyone' back then . Had I , It would have made a much easier acceptance to the membership .

Metaphorically , If one were to join a newly assigned LEO agency , It would be only natural to name any prior relationships IMO . To each his or her own , I would be the last one to judge .

I do know that this is a Very Tight Group of like minded long term members . Very Protective of this FCC site . Good Luck , You're going to need it , believe me .. 'G'

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Is everyone in this post swimming upstream? :)

(sorry, could not resist..)
As for Fish and/or Skinny.... they got nothing compared to this ditz I met at Costco over the weekend.
The food court was jammed so we ended up sharing a table.

She was so left-wing there's no reeling that one back in. Ever.
I actually did something I never do: I mentioned I had my Glock-19 on me and carry everywhere all the time.
I thought we were going to have to call the paramedics after that disclosure....

In fairness though, although she was anti-gun, she's a single-issue voter on Pro-Choice issues. For sure.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

As for Fish and/or Skinny.... they got nothing compared to this ditz I met at Costco over the weekend.

I actually did something I never do: I mentioned I had my Glock-19 on me and carry everywhere all the time.
I thought we were going to have to call the paramedics after that disclosure....

In fairness though, although she was anti-gun, she's a single-issue voter on Pro-Choice issues. For sure.
Ok Mr. Anduril , To me you cannot compare the aforementioned posts to yours , it's like comparing apples to oranges . Secondly WHY would you go against your past , by Not Mentioning you were 'carrying' ? No less a woman and a stranger .

What IF this supposed Leftie stated you actually showed her your firearm , and may have inadvertently pointed it in her direction ? IMO , It seems to me you were looking for a Cause and Effect situation . Not too smart in this atmosphere of Anti's in 'general' . Concealed means exactly that , Be Careful My Friend :unsure: 'G'

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Ok Mr. Anduril , To me you cannot compare the aforementioned posts to yours , it's like comparing apples to oranges . Secondly WHY would you go against your past , by Not Mentioning you were 'carrying' ? No less a woman and a stranger .

What IF this supposed Leftie stated you actually showed her your firearm , and may have inadvertently pointed it in her direction ? IMO , It seems to me you were looking for a Cause and Effect situation . Not too smart in this atmosphere of Anti's in 'general' . Concealed means exactly that , Be Careful My Friend :unsure: 'G'
Nah, she seemed innocent enough to me.
Plus, I was with a friend anyway (witness, who would not have verified any of her fictional tales).
Plus, Costco has plenty of cameras -- would be pretty stupid of her to even try it (and I'm a pretty good judge of character -- she wasn't the type)

What I was really doing was seeing just how motivated she was, and how tightly she would hold to her convictions.
She had apparently just come off a Pro-Choice rally of sorts and was there at the Costco, I think, mostly to gauge opinions.
She eventually agreed we were not that far apart on issues, but if I had told her who I voted for, her head might have spun completely 180.

The takeaway was that, at least for her (and she's the type who would get out and campaign for her candidates) was that Pro-Choice would win out over gas prices, school shootings, foreign policy, etc....

I think another take-away for me was that if the Republican right-wing (maybe far-right) would just relax a little on the abortion issue, it would make it a whole lot easier to win back control of the Congress.

She was also anti-Trump, (of course), but when I asked her if she had truly thought through what might happen if Trump actually got arrested, she conceded that she had not.
It would hold the promise of "Kenosha on steroids", nationwide. Not a good outcome.

Did I change her mind about anything? No.
Did she change mine? No.
But we could eat at the same table.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Nah, she seemed innocent enough to me.
Plus, I was with a friend anyway (witness, who would not have verified any of her fictional tales).
Plus, Costco has plenty of cameras -- would be pretty stupid of her to even try it (and I'm a pretty good judge of character -- she wasn't the type)

What I was really doing was seeing just how motivated she was, and how tightly she would hold to her convictions.
She had apparently just come off a Pro-Choice rally of sorts and was there at the Costco, I think, mostly to gauge opinions.
She eventually agreed we were not that far apart on issues, but if I had told her who I voted for, her head might have spun completely 180.

The takeaway was that, at least for her (and she's the type who would get out and campaign for her candidates) was that Pro-Choice would win out over gas prices, school shootings, foreign policy, etc....

I think another take-away for me was that if the Republican right-wing (maybe far-right) would just relax a little on the abortion issue, it would make it a whole lot easier to win back control of the Congress.

She was also anti-Trump, (of course), but when I asked her if she had truly thought through what might happen if Trump actually got arrested, she conceded that she had not.
It would hold the promise of "Kenosha on steroids", nationwide. Not a good outcome.

Did I change her mind about anything? No.
Did she change mine? No.
But we could eat at the same table.
Ok my friend , you hadn't mentioned a friend , All Good then ! Just trying to help ..

·
Registered
7,907 Posts

TBH, I'm surprised she didn't immediately SWAT you to Costco Security.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
TBH, I'm surprised she didn't immediately SWAT you to Costco Security.
Ya, I'm not sure I'd have told that stranger I was carrying either. Not in todays world.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Thanks Guys ! That Was My Point ! "Gunner"
I appreciate your back up of my post . Mr Anduril i believe doesn't think I know much about concealed carry . Thus his Dissertation reply that you both read .

The Real News about Me , is I carried Concealed since 1989 ! If my Math is correct , that would be on and off for about '33' years . I should know what is Smart Carrying and Also Not Telegraphing to Anyone, including Strangers .. Thank you ! 'G'

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Sorry,but even though this thread is now about who I am,(NOT THE FISH) we have serious thread drift.
*UPDATED
Now That I found Out About the Banning , That changes My Entire posting here . I Have Now rethought my Apology & 'None Necessary' . Yes I Do Agree My Friends Without Any Doubt (y)(y)(y)🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲 'G'

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
Sorry,but even though this thread is now about who I am,(NOT THE FISH) we have serious thread drift.
Typical fishy reply. ME ME ME, drift back to ME!(n):cool:

·
Registered
21,531 Posts
Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER
21 - 40 of 46 Posts