Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indiana resident here.

Just curious what hoops the state of Florida makes you jump through to get a CCW permit? Indiana is: Right to carry/Shall issue. So all I had to do was go the local police/sheriff's office, get fingerprinted, fill out the form, pay them $10 cash, then mail it in to the State Police, pay them $35 Money Order, and wait about three weeks to get it. (Although I opted for the "lifetime" license, so that ended up costing me $125 total.) But didn't need to supply a picture of myself.

We can carry anywhere, excluding: Airports, Gov't buildings and Schools. (Unless you're dropping off, or picking up one of your kids from school and waiting in your car.) Or anyplace that OPENLY places a sign that says firearms are not allowed on said premises.

Also, no Concealed Carry classes are required.

How about Florida?

-Wraith

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Greetings Wraith! Here is the information from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing. It will give you the exact information. I put a link below for you.

- Read and study the copy of Chapter 790, Florida Statutes.

- Have a passport-style, color photograph made.

- Get verification of training that satisfies the training requirement. The application lists acceptable documents. Make a photocopy to send with the application as an original cannot be returned. Persons serving in the United States Armed Forces may submit a copy of their Military ID Card to satisfy the training requirement.

- Get certified copies of court documents relating to any criminal charges against you.

- Take the fingerprint card to a local law enforcement agency and ask to be fingerprinted. In addition to providing fingerprinting services for the traditional "hard-card" format, electronic fingerprint devices are available at almost all 67 county sheriff’s offices in the state. Visit the Electronic Fingerprints Information page to learn how Live Scan fingerprinting saves processing time.

- Complete the application. Either print clearly with ink or type the information.

In the presence of a notary, sign application.

- Submit a check or money order for the license fee payable to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. This fee is not refundable.

Assemble everything:
Envelope
Fee
Photograph
Fingerprint card or proof that your fingerprints were submitted electronically by the sheriff's office using Live Scan (along with proof that you paid the sheriff's office or the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for the service).
Proof of training
Certified court documents (if any)
Application with notarized signature

Mail to Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing, P.O. Box 6687, Tallahassee, FL 32314.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I read all that last night AFTER I made the post. :)

But thanks, Sir.

Lots of bells and whistles there in Florida. Not too many, compared to some states (or those that won't let you carry at all). I guess I just make a habit out of living in state's where my 2nd Amendment Right isn't considered a privelage. (Not implying that Florida does)

Illinois, D.C., New York, etc. :thumbsdwn

-Wraith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts