Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and they couldn't find my app by SS#. so i had to give all my information, and they finally located it. she said "it just says your application is being processed". it's been 11 weeks since they got it in the mail....my mom sent hers out at the same time, and they said hers has been issued. she had no further information for me, and couldn't tell me what "being processed" means, or how much longer it would take. what does that MEAN???

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
It means "being processed".

That is just a catch-all that they use and they probably say that from the time they get it up until it gets issued.

Hopefully yours will get issued soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
see the last time i called, they said it wasn't even in their system. and that was a few weeks ago. i'll call tomorrow and ask for a supervisor.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If its not in their system could mean that your license will probably be mailed to you soon.

·
Banned
11,161 Posts
Don't worry about it

In July, the time to enter the information on the application was running a minimum of 45 days. From there, the app goes into another stack for the background check with an approximate completion time of another 45 days for that part of the procedure, for a total time of approximately 90 days. I'm sure it has lengthened considerably in the last few months.

Contact the department by email. They are very prompt in their response and are very helpful. If it can't be found immediately, then it has probably no been entered into the computer system yet. If they find it in the computer, they will tell you and say that it is being processed. If they have finished the processed they will tell you if it has been mailed or if it was disapproved.

Give 'em a chance. Their swamped, but they are still courteous and helpful.

·
Registered
65 Posts
On some other thread or forum someone said that once it was in the system being processed then it went fairly fast. That the long delay was in the 'not in the system yet' stage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Printed Today!!!!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Congratulations

1 - 11 of 11 Posts