1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
Sniper..that's almost as ludicrous as civilian LEO agency "snipers".

·
Registered
54,234 Posts
Sniper..that's almost as ludicrous as civilian LEO agency "snipers".
Many Marines became leo's, some of them became snipers for reaction teams. White Feather taught agency snipers, one of the best passing those skills to leo snipers. Having attended a counter sniper leo week long course, two instructors were snipers with s/s. There's plenty of great civilian law enforcement shooters out there.

White feather would never be caught denigrating leo snipers. :dunno

From across the street doesn't sound like a very long shot to me. 4 stories up, 40 feet. Across the street, maybe 50 yrds, max total distance.

·
Super Moderator
26,051 Posts
Never underestimate the Left's ability to run fast and loose with the definition of a word. If they can extrapolate a definition to fit their agenda, they will.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never underestimate the Left's ability to run fast and loose with the definition of a word. If they can extrapolate a definition to fit their agenda, they will.
Gosh, ya think? Whatever caused you to draw such a conclusion? ;) :grin

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"No civilian need a sniper rifle... a sniper scope... a sniper laser... a sniper trigger... a sniper bipod... etc."

If you think that's far-fetched, well...

·
Super Moderator
26,051 Posts
Gosh, ya think? Whatever caused you to draw such a conclusion? ;) :grin
Gee. . . :dunno :grin but I get it and that is precisely why I've always agreed with your prediction about the Left eventually coming after bolt action "sniper" rifles.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm.... now they're saying it might have been a BB / Pellet gun.

https://abc7.com/young-lasd-trainee-shot-at-lancaster-station;-sniper-sought/5485578/

Authorities are testing a pellet gun that was found and seized near the Lancaster sheriff's station where a deputy was shot on Wednesday.

Investigators confirmed Thursday they found and recovered a pellet gun from one of the apartments they searched.

It was taken to the Sheriff's Department crime lab for forensics testing. The deputy's uniform was also sent to the lab for testing.

One resident of the building said authorities searched his apartment and seized an air gun he described as a prop used for acting.

"Right at the start, I told them I play cops in movies and TV. And I have air soft guns," said Kent McGuire, a resident of the building that was searched. "They went in and they did their search. And they destroyed the entire apartment. Turned everything upside down."

McGuire was questioned. He says one of the detectives told him they suspected the deputy could have been shot with a a BB.

·
Super Moderator
26,051 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
If that's what this event turns out to be, that's some real bullschiznit put out by that department. The ballistics of a pellet gun from the reported distance are nowhere near those of a legitimate "sniper" rifle and should be easily recognizable!
Comparing the size of the welt left by the projectile and matching it against the FBI air powered weapon ballistics lab database I suppose.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Comparing the size of the welt left by the projectile and matching it against the FBI air powered weapon ballistics lab database I suppose.
Almost pissed myself on that one! WTF is wrong with these idiots, they go from crying SNIPER SHOOTS COP!!! To “ well, it mighta been a BB gun “ ??? For real? : censored morons!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
"No civilian need a sniper rifle... a sniper scope... a sniper laser... a sniper trigger... a sniper bipod... etc."

If you think that's far-fetched, well...
At which point possession of a scope, laser, bipod that can mount to a firearm will become a felony and all your guns will be confiscated. :deadhorse

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Racer no one disagreed with your prediction it's always one inch at a time. That's why we can't give any more inches, it must stop now.
Yep! But, look at how many folded on bump stocks (because they had "no use" for them) :smack

- - - Updated - - -

You remember those analogies from high school.

"BB Gun" is to "Sniper Rifle" as "Glock 19" is to....

A) M79 Grenade Launcher
B) Bazooka
C) Howitzer
D) AIM-9 Sidewinder Missile
E) All the above!

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Many Marines became leo's, some of them became snipers for reaction teams. White Feather taught agency snipers, one of the best passing those skills to leo snipers. Having attended a counter sniper leo week long course, two instructors were snipers with s/s. There's plenty of great civilian law enforcement shooters out there.

White feather would never be caught denigrating leo snipers. :dunno

From across the street doesn't sound like a very long shot to me. 4 stories up, 40 feet. Across the street, maybe 50 yrds, max total distance.
To add to that LE snipers are required to shoot at smaller target such as the head. This is very important because of the bad guy having a hostage and being able to such his computer down with one shot. They don't get a second chance in such situations, hostage will be dead.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
THAT is freakin' hilarious!!!!

Found these sniper rounds on sale at Wallys. Seems pretty handy... load 'em in your sniper rifle one way it's a wad cutter; load 'em the opposite direction and it's a hollowpoint. Sold in large quantities designed to make any news story concerning their discovery sound like they intercepted you just in time.

plink.jpg

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I can see the news headline now, complete with shrieking and crying by the newscaster babe...

Oh My God!!!

Hollow Point 177 bullets!!

Those are obviously 3 times as large as a mere 45 bullet!!

AD

1 - 20 of 36 Posts