Florida Concealed Carry banner

It's Here!

4K views 49 replies 19 participants last post by  Ronnie948 
#1 ·
Got a call from my FFL today letting me know the RIA M1911 CS I bought had arrived. Don't tell me it's already here. I just got notification yesterday morning that it had been shipped. . . from NM!

Gun Firearm Trigger Line Gun accessory

Five trigger pulls with my Wheeler scale shows 5.4, 4.5, 5.5, 4.5, and 4.7 lb for an average of 4.92 lb and surprisingly (to me at least), it has a pretty crisp, clean break right out of the box! I'm very happy with my purchase and after sending several hundred rounds, including SD rounds, downrange to verify reliability, it'll probably become my primary EDC. I'll likely also be looking to upgrade the wood grips to something a little nicer, and I can't wait for Dave to make a new Ronin Leather Holster rig for it! That's going to be sah-weet! 🤠

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks Rick and I did quite a bit of research, including asking your opinion back when I started thinking about this one. The price point made it an easy decision. Missed out on one back in March for $380, but given the craziness of the market right now, I was surprised to find this one NIB for a "Buy it Now" price of $475 on GB. Payment arrived at the seller Tuesday he shipped it to my FFL yesterday, arrived today! 🤠

#7 ·
Nice piece Hunter!
Kinda looks like a Colt officers model.
It has an Officer’s sized 3.5“ slide and barrel, though the bull barrel is fitted directly to the muzzle end of the slide; dispensing with the unusual Officer’s Model barrel bushing and recoil spring plug.

#10 ·
Since you mentioned getting some different grips; I believe that I’ve still got the original double diamond cocobolo stocks that came on my Ultra CDP many moons ago. They’re yours if you want, just PM me your mailing address.

#12 ·
Will be sure to give a range report after getting to the range. 🤠

#13 ·
Got a call from my FFL today letting me know the RIA M1911 CS I bought had arrived. Don't tell me it's already here. I just got notification yesterday morning that it had been shipped. . . from NM!

View attachment 70061

Five trigger pulls with my Wheeler scale shows 5.4, 4.5, 5.5, 4.5, and 4.7 lb for an average of 4.92 lb and surprisingly (to me at least), it has a pretty crisp, clean break right out of the box! I'm very happy with my purchase and after sending several hundred rounds, including SD rounds, downrange to verify reliability, it'll probably become my primary EDC. I'll likely also be looking to upgrade the wood grips to something a little nicer, and I can't wait for Dave to make a new Ronin Leather Holster rig for it! That's going to be sah-weet! 🤠
Just a real quick followup question : I'm assuming that curved piece is the safety lever ? ( I'm uninformed & New to this ) Will that hinder EDC Holster ?

#15 ·
Congrats, Greg that’s a keeper! They are a great value and a great carry piece. I think I may have an IWB holster I can send you. PM me if you’d like. Love me some 1911’s !

Their head gunsmith, Arnel built me one with Colt Officers slide and barrel.

Gunner, no problem carrying these guys every day. That’s one of the safeties.

#16 ·
Yes Thanks Mr. Shark , Just never saw one that big .. Does that sorta wrap around your shooting hand then, Like a extension off sorts ? Great to hear about you having one built with the parts you want ! I'm Getting Educated & was use to the Older 1911's ( .45 acp's ) Basic Military Style ( Browning design ) Yes things do get upgraded and change .. Thanks for your Help & Input ! 👍

#18 ·
That’s just a big old Beavertail grip safety you are seeing. They actually work very nicely and they rest right in the web of your thumb to first finger. On the old military 1911s they were much less pronounced. I’ve carried a fair amount of them and never had a problem.

#23 ·
My Right Hand Is 'Fine' ( Holding the Gun ) . It is The 'Breaching' Of The Slide on My Semi's With My 'Left' Hand / Permanently Injured : Ulnar Nerve And Shrapnel Between My Pinky & Next Finger & My Dislocated Left Thumb . Thank Goodness I'm Right Handed ! My Sig P 220 .45 acp ( Full Size ) Is Fairly Strong also .. I have Tried the Push /Pull with it & That Gets Things Pounding . I May Turn to My Taurus 6".45 acp Wheel Gun ( Only Made 2 Years ) . I Drop Those 'Adapters' & Load Up My 'Self Rimmed'.45 Ammo in it With S.D. Rounds . It's All Good Mr. Earl . Even when I use my Turret Loaders , That damn Left Pinkey Will lock up on me .. You Live With It , The Way That It Is .. " Gunner "

#25 ·
Certainly will do! 🤠

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER
#27 ·
You're the man, but I don't think you needed me to reignite the 1911 spark! 🤣

#31 ·
I agree and the only change to the external appearance I might make besides the grips and screws would be a skeletonized trigger with better tactile feel on the trigger face. :unsure:

#34 ·
You're a true gentleman, Shark and I'm sure I'll appreciate whatever you have sent. It's like Christmas all over again! 🍻
Repeated again if it was overlooked the first time around. I may have a Colt trigger or two around; I’ll have to take a look.
Not overlooked, just forgotten about. . .been working too hard on a flooring DIY project. PM inbound. 🤠

Reactions: Rick McC.
#39 · (Edited)
Glad you like the stocks. They are 15 years old, but weren’t used.

Why are you changing out the grip screws; going for some engraved ones, or torx/hex head?

I do have the VZ engraved ones on a few of mine. I believe they have three different patterns, or they did. That was quite a while ago, ao they may have more and different ones now.

These are my favorite pattern:

Wood Nature Gun Firearm White

Wood Gun Firearm Photograph White

It’s time for you to get some “pitchers” up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.