Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
At front door range you could just shoot lefty, until your arm and hand heal best of luck on healing up.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
At front door range you could just shoot lefty, until your arm and hand heal best of luck on healing up.
My Right Hand Is 'Fine' ( Holding the Gun ) . It is The 'Breaching' Of The Slide on My Semi's With My 'Left' Hand / Permanently Injured : Ulnar Nerve And Shrapnel Between My Pinky & Next Finger & My Dislocated Left Thumb . Thank Goodness I'm Right Handed ! My Sig P 220 .45 acp ( Full Size ) Is Fairly Strong also .. I have Tried the Push /Pull with it & That Gets Things Pounding . I May Turn to My Taurus 6".45 acp Wheel Gun ( Only Made 2 Years ) . I Drop Those 'Adapters' & Load Up My 'Self Rimmed'.45 Ammo in it With S.D. Rounds . It's All Good Mr. Earl . Even when I use my Turret Loaders , That damn Left Pinkey Will lock up on me .. You Live With It , The Way That It Is .. " Gunner "

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Nice pick up BH. Let us know how you like it once you get to shoot it some. (y)

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I’ll get a holster or two on the way to you today. Of course, you have reignited the bug in me and I’m going to look at another 1911 today.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You're the man, but I don't think you needed me to reignite the 1911 spark! 🤣

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think that is a good looking gun as it is. I know it will even look better with your choice of new grips.
It is great that you were able to find it.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I think that is a good looking gun as it is. I know it will even look better with your choice of new grips.
It is great that you were able to find it.
I agree and the only change to the external appearance I might make besides the grips and screws would be a skeletonized trigger with better tactile feel on the trigger face. :unsure:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Since you mentioned getting some different grips; I believe that I’ve still got the original double diamond cocobolo stocks that came on my Ultra CDP many moons ago. They’re yours if you want, just PM me your mailing address.
Repeated again if it was overlooked the first time around. I may have a Colt trigger or two around; I’ll have to take a look.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Care package enroute by FedEx.
You're a true gentleman, Shark and I'm sure I'll appreciate whatever you have sent. It's like Christmas all over again! 🍻
Repeated again if it was overlooked the first time around. I may have a Colt trigger or two around; I’ll have to take a look.
Not overlooked, just forgotten about. . .been working too hard on a flooring DIY project. PM inbound. 🤠

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
A gentleman? Them’s fighting words, I’m a lawyer, that kind of talk could ruin me.
Lmao......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Since you mentioned getting some different grips; I believe that I’ve still got the original double diamond cocobolo stocks that came on my Ultra CDP many moons ago. They’re yours if you want, just PM me your mailing address.
Rick, those cocobolo grips arrived in todays mail and they look like they're brand new! Thank you so much for your kind generosity. I sure do have some great friends here on FCC who've paid it forward and I'll be sure to do the same when my turn comes around! (y)(y)

Now all I'm waiting on to carry this pistol is:
1) to get some 230 grain Ball and SD ammo down range (will provide a Range Report here when I do), and;
2) the arrival of the new Ronin Leather Holster rig I ordered from Dave G. That rig should be here in about 10-12 more days and I can hardly wait.🤠

Shark, Dave also showed me the rig you had him build for you after I posted pictures of my P229 rig and it looks real sweet! I decided to stay with the same colors for this rig as the other one. If the new one looks as good as the one on my hip right now, I'll have another work of art to carry this M1911A1 CS with. :unsure:

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Glad you like the stocks. They are 15 years old, but weren’t used.

Why are you changing out the grip screws; going for some engraved ones, or torx/hex head?

I do have the VZ engraved ones on a few of mine. I believe they have three different patterns, or they did. That was quite a while ago, ao they may have more and different ones now.

These are my favorite pattern:

F2DF7B15-A19A-49CA-BB7B-E808C170A225.jpeg

D211EB1C-FA9F-4F2F-8164-BE6B46C9DF58.jpeg

It’s time for you to get some “pitchers” up!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts