Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my FFL today letting me know the RIA M1911 CS I bought had arrived. Don't tell me it's already here. I just got notification yesterday morning that it had been shipped. . . from NM!

RIA M1911A1 CS.jpg

Five trigger pulls with my Wheeler scale shows 5.4, 4.5, 5.5, 4.5, and 4.7 lb for an average of 4.92 lb and surprisingly (to me at least), it has a pretty crisp, clean break right out of the box! I'm very happy with my purchase and after sending several hundred rounds, including SD rounds, downrange to verify reliability, it'll probably become my primary EDC. I'll likely also be looking to upgrade the wood grips to something a little nicer, and I can't wait for Dave to make a new Ronin Leather Holster rig for it! That's going to be sah-weet! 🤠

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Beautiful firearm. Good luck with that one sir. (y)

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Nice piece Hunter!
Kinda looks like a Colt officers model.
It has an Officer’s sized 3.5“ slide and barrel, though the bull barrel is fitted directly to the muzzle end of the slide; dispensing with the unusual Officer’s Model barrel bushing and recoil spring plug.

·
Super Moderator
28,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on your new 1911!

Tha particular model has been pretty well received as a reliable and accurate carry pistol, and a very good value at it’s price point. (y)
Thanks Rick and I did quite a bit of research, including asking your opinion back when I started thinking about this one. The price point made it an easy decision. Missed out on one back in March for $380, but given the craziness of the market right now, I was surprised to find this one NIB for a "Buy it Now" price of $475 on GB. Payment arrived at the seller Tuesday he shipped it to my FFL yesterday, arrived today! 🤠

·
Super Moderator
28,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has an Officer’s sized 3.5“ slide and barrel, though the bull barrel is fitted directly to the muzzle end of the slide; dispensing with the unusual Officer’s Model barrel bushing and recoil spring plug.
Yeah, that bull barrel is really something! The other thing that sold me on this one from RIA is that it has the low profile sights ("sights are for the unenlightened"), is Parkerized verses blued, and as you mentioned, has a good reputation as a reliable carry gun.🤠

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Since you mentioned getting some different grips; I believe that I’ve still got the original double diamond cocobolo stocks that came on my Ultra CDP many moons ago. They’re yours if you want, just PM me your mailing address.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Nice score! I have two RIA 1911s, 1 in 45, and the other in 10mm

Range report?

·
Super Moderator
28,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice score! I have two RIA 1911s, 1 in 45, and the other in 10mm

Range report?
Will be sure to give a range report after getting to the range. 🤠

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Got a call from my FFL today letting me know the RIA M1911 CS I bought had arrived. Don't tell me it's already here. I just got notification yesterday morning that it had been shipped. . . from NM!

View attachment 70061

Five trigger pulls with my Wheeler scale shows 5.4, 4.5, 5.5, 4.5, and 4.7 lb for an average of 4.92 lb and surprisingly (to me at least), it has a pretty crisp, clean break right out of the box! I'm very happy with my purchase and after sending several hundred rounds, including SD rounds, downrange to verify reliability, it'll probably become my primary EDC. I'll likely also be looking to upgrade the wood grips to something a little nicer, and I can't wait for Dave to make a new Ronin Leather Holster rig for it! That's going to be sah-weet! 🤠
Just a real quick followup question : I'm assuming that curved piece is the safety lever ? ( I'm uninformed & New to this ) Will that hinder EDC Holster ?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Congrats, Greg that’s a keeper! They are a great value and a great carry piece. I think I may have an IWB holster I can send you. PM me if you’d like. Love me some 1911’s !

Their head gunsmith, Arnel built me one with Colt Officers slide and barrel.

Gunner, no problem carrying these guys every day. That’s one of the safeties.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Congrats, Greg that’s a keeper! They are a great value and a great carry piece. I think I may have an IWB holster I can send you. PM me if you’d like. Love me some 1911’s !

Their head gunsmith, Arnel built me one with Colt Officers slide and barrel.

Gunner, no problem carrying these guys every day. That’s one of the safeties.
Yes Thanks Mr. Shark , Just never saw one that big .. Does that sorta wrap around your shooting hand then, Like a extension off sorts ? Great to hear about you having one built with the parts you want ! I'm Getting Educated & was use to the Older 1911's ( .45 acp's ) Basic Military Style ( Browning design ) Yes things do get upgraded and change .. Thanks for your Help & Input ! 👍

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Great purchase bro! That’ll serve you well for many many rounds. Can’t wait to show you how to shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
That’s just a big old Beavertail grip safety you are seeing. They actually work very nicely and they rest right in the web of your thumb to first finger. On the old military 1911s they were much less pronounced. I’ve carried a fair amount of them and never had a problem.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
That’s just a big old Beavertail grip safety you are seeing. They actually work very nicely and they rest right in the web of your thumb to first finger. On the old military 1911s they were much less pronounced. I’ve carried a fair amount of them and never had a problem.
Did you start carrying them in 1911?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: safetyguy60

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Thank Again Mr. Shark .. It is what looked like , But i haven't really had any time to see all the newer 1911 Styles =and Improvement(s ). I agree with Mr. BH , I had grips like that on one of my .45's . I Personally found them kinda Too Smooth & After i sweat a bit . Big difference going to Stippled Rubber Ones .
This was quite a While ago by now .. I still have that damaged Ulnar Nerve in my Left arm & have dislocated my Left thumb as well . At the Present time , My Front Door would be a Perfect Distance to shoot at ( LOL ) .No Real Strength Now 🤔 Still Nothing stops Me , Including Pain .. It Is My Therapy For Sure 👍

1 - 20 of 42 Posts