Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.--

(1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section.

Sorry, I don't mean to be picky or rude, but we need to educate firearm owners that the State of Florida is not permitting us to carry concealed, but is issuing a license authorizing us by law to carry a concealed weapon.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Sorry, I don't mean to be picky or rude, but we need to educate firearm owners that the State of Florida is not permitting us to carry concealed, but is issuing a license authorizing us by law to carry a concealed weapon.
Duly noted TampaSsgt. I guess I can't get a permission for something thats my right. I'll pass it on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1, sometimes subtleties of phrasing are very important such as when standard capacity magazines are labeled high capacity...

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is correctly titled. Nothing in the law says your concealed weapon has to be a firearm. It is a concealed carry license for weapons iincluding firearms.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm referring to the fact that this particular forum is titled "Permit Questions" rather than "License Questions."

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I'm referring to the fact that this particular forum is titled "Permit Questions" rather than "License Questions."
Good point. I'll have it changed.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point. I'll have it changed.
Good job Nkmg19,

It IS a license, and not a permit. We now have the right title! :dancingbanana

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Now if we can just get people to say "magazine" instead of "clip". :doh :laughing

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now if we can just get people to say "magazine" instead of "clip". :doh :laughing
+1 :drinks

That has always been a big pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is great, I hope you don't mind but I have already used it on another board.

It is the perfect answer when someone talks about loading a " clip " into their semi-auto handgun.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
This is great, I hope you don't mind but I have already used it on another board.

It is the perfect answer when someone talks about loading a " clip " into their semi-auto handgun.
What if they have a Broomhandle Mauser? :rolf

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
I was gonna ask what a broomhandle Mauser was but figured i'd find out i've heard of mausers seen pics just never heard of a broomhandle mauser and for those who had the question like me heres a pic and it uses a 9mm magazine.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts