Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I think if you can prove the soup was so hot it melted the lid, it would meet the agg. assault standard. On aggravated battery I think the person would have to be burned or disfigured because just an offer to do it would be assault.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
RadTek

Not every case is about a dollar. Somebody should go after this lady civilly and let her make monthly payments on a judgment that might remind her how she should act in a civilized society. It’s the kind of case some lawyer should take just as a public service.

If it was in Florida, I would take that case just on general principles.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I didn’t think you meant anything in a derogatory way. I filed a ton of lawsuits against dirtbags who fought police officers or hurt them. I would get as big judgment as possible against the dirt bag and then hand it over to the meanest collection lawyer I knew. A judgment is good for 20 years and can be renewed and the collection lawyers specialize in squeezing lemonade from rocks.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
That lady‘s behavior would never be covered by an insurance policy. That was an intentional act if I’ve ever seen one. Insurance covers you when you screw up, make mistakes, do things by accident, or negligently, not on purpose, not committing a crime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts