Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
Not really,
Do you remember the guy who shot the guy over the handicaps parking spot.

Shooter was knocked on the ground and attacker was shot by him.
Shooter probably still in jail
Anybody know the outcome of that ????

Ronnie
Knocked to the ground is different than kicks to the head.

Yes, you can even die from being knocked to the ground. But, one could argue the intent to knock someone down to the ground is QUITE different than the intent of a kick to the head.

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
you have to be able to articulate why you feared for your life, and the judge/jury will then have to decide if your fear was reasonable.
Bingo. And, it's certainly REASONABLE to equate kicks to the HEAD as life-threatening.

A shove to the ground? Not so much. Kicks to the ****ing HEAD?? Ummm... yeah.

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
Kick to the head can and likely will result in a concussion of some magnitude. A kick to the head could result in a fractured cheek bone, eye orb, jaw, neck bones or broken teeth.

Would I believe I suffered grave bodily harm if any of the above were to happen due to being kicked in the head?

I'll leave that up to each member to decide.
There are many other possible and potentially fatal injuries that can occur by a blow to the head, not the least of which is skull fracture.... including basilar skull fractures. Also subdural hematoma. All potentially fatal.

I'd say dead is "grave bodily harm."

From a medical standpoint, a kick to the head is lethal force just as much as a bullet to center mass. It might not kill, but it can. A single kick can do it.

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
The premise of your question does not take into account what happened prior to the time of this kick. At this point in the evening, the shooter has unlawfully acquired a weapon, unlawfully transported said weapon over state line, unlawfully presented himself as a volunteer Peace Officer, unlawfully brandished his weapon, and last but certainly not least...at the time of this kick, the shooter unlawfully discharged his weapon shooting an unarmed man at point blank range. Lessons whe are taught not to do in weapons training.

As for the misplaced premise of your question, fear is relative Sir. I would want something more than my fear to justify the taking of another soul. I was raised in Brooklyn, NY. When someone kicks you in the face, you open up a big can of [email protected]$$. The fear,(misplaced premise), felt here is that the shooter did not have the none lethal hand skills to defend himself. Thus, the shooter should have taken his beating, insured the kicker limped home, while on his retreat back over state lines to the shooter's home where he should have been in the first place.
Pro-tip: People who find themselves fearful for their life in a fist fight should not go looking for trouble.

The shooter only has weapons release authority in a gun fight. If Florida law doesn't support clarity of use of firearms, it should.
Wow... so much provably wrong stuff in this FIRST post. LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts