Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
What about serving up some lead soup 230 grains at a time? It's plenty hot.

Reactions: Old Farmer

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Even rocks can generate a little bit of lemonade. There is always a federal tax return that might be garnished, as well as wages as Shark points out. In some ways I think it hurts the offender more if they have to shell out a portion of their earnings rather than having their insurer pay out a lump sum.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
The shooter only has weapons release authority in a gun fight. If Florida law doesn't support clarity of use of firearms, it should.
Florida law is pretty clear on use of deadly force. From your posts it seems that you are not familiar with them at all or you wouldn't be making statements like "weapons release authority in a gun fight." Weapons release authority is something the military worries about, not Floridians. Welcome to the forum but please do take some time and familiarize yourself with the state laws before making pronouncements that are nonsensical.

I would want something more than my fear to justify the taking of another soul.
More than fear of your life being lost or fear of living the rest of your days in a vegetative state because some punk decided to use your skull for a pinata? Exactly what more would you need?

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
That’s what you’re paying for when you pay your premiums. To take the hit when you’re negligent. Or even stupid. Or dumb.

That said, while we gladly cover negligence as a result of stupid or dumb, there’s usually an exclusion for a blatantly intentional act. In fact, it’s basic insurance 101 you learn getting licensed. Depending on policy language, it’s unlikely an insurer would pay in this case. IMHO any exposure is all on that crazy dingbat.
Yes, RadTek, you do pay for that with premiums. My point was not to judge insurance companies, but only to say that, from the perspective of the individual, I think they would feel more pain from having to shell out part of a paycheck every couple weeks than to face a judgement where their insurer paid. I think the issue was one of attorneys being more willing to go after a person or entity with deep pockets than to pursue a claim against Joe Sixpack who has little by way of assets.

Reactions: RadTek
1 - 4 of 4 Posts