Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,980 Posts
For a long time, I had a personal policy of not commenting on non gun related posts unless I had to as a moderator I work at a job where we discuss politics all day long, so I don’t want to get involved in politics in one of the few places I come for relaxation.

Most of the gun forums I am a member of have devolved into political forums.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
For a long time, I had a personal policy of not commenting on non gun related posts unless I had to as a moderator I work at a job where we discuss politics all day long, so I don’t want to get involved in politics in one of the few places I come for relaxation.

Most of the gun forums I am a member of have devolved into political forums.
Agreed. More politics than gun talk on a lot of forums lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I know this will please many and especially BH but i am still here!😬

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Honestly, how much gun stuff can one discuss over the course of several years? We have discussed just about every subject matter pertaining to gun carry thru the years. Some new folks have posted things and are answered "This has been discussed before". JMHO

·
Registered
886 Posts
I’m still around. Apparently I missed the Illuminati discussion thread, however, I hear that they are all leaving with the aliens when the second Covid wave hits this fall.

So what have we not discussed about guns yet. Hmmm.....What do you guys think about small of back carrying a 8 inch barrel S&W 500? Is that good? Keep the bad guys from grabbin it from me! I’ve never practiced my draw stroke, and my teeth chatter when I pull the trigger, but it’s a cool gun. Go big or go home, right? I figure by the time I get it out and they see it they will be scared and run away. Also what is the best way to do a #2 out in public while carrying my 500 small of back? or even just sit at a table for that matter. Of course, we may never get to do any of that again.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
My vote for best carry for the S&W 500 is to put some wheels on it and tote it behind a truck like any other cannon. :cool:

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
My vote for best carry for the S&W 500 is to put some wheels on it and tote it behind a truck like any other cannon. :cool:
There we go .....a fully productive and intelligent thread! (y) (y)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I'm still here also... Lurking mostly and hoping to see more firearms related threads. Adblocker cured the annoying sidebar and I'm gradually getting used to this new :( format.

·
Super Moderator
10,564 Posts
Honestly, how much gun stuff can one discuss over the course of several years? We have discussed just about every subject matter pertaining to gun carry thru the years. Some new folks have posted things and are answered "This has been discussed before". JMHO
Just so. What's more, the more experienced newcomers do a search for what concerns them and, having found the answers they need, never do post.

The last time I started a new new gun thread was when my Glock broke. At 200 rounds or so per week, that's good for one new thread every 3 or 4 years.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'll give you a gun related post... I am ashamed to say my carry Glock is so dirty, so in need of cleaning that if I had to use it, a pull of the trigger would spit out a wad of lint. :oops: Maybe I should just put it in the safe and take out a clean one?? Nah, gotta clean it, will put it on my to do list. Hope everyone is staying safe!!

·
Super Moderator
26,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I appreciate your opinion but I strongly disagree. Duplicate video threads or threads on news stories about the same event and the like are merged, but relevant posts in old[er] threads re-discussing the same or similar subject or posting new information to an older thread is pretty much left alone. Unfortunately, even some of our most prolific thread starters have likely decided to stop tilting at windmills when it seems THE most popular section on FCC for quite a while seems to be the"Politics and Hot Topics" section of The Boiler Room, where all non-2A/CC/gun threads must be posted. :censored:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Is there anyone out there that really thinks this new format is an improvement on the old one ?????????????????

·
Super Moderator
26,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Is there anyone out there that really thinks this new format is an improvement on the old one ?????????????????
Doubtful, but it doesn't matter. It's done and no amount of *****ing is going to change it back. However, there are already other threads in which to ***** about the format of the forum. (n)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Mister Beerhunter,
I am not complaining because it is FREE.
I'm just asking if anyone thought this was an improvement or a disaster

·
Super Moderator
26,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Mister Beerhunter,
I am not complaining because it is FREE.
I'm just asking if anyone thought this was an improvement or a disaster
And there are threads for that, but this isn't one of them. (n)

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
The form seems to be picking up somewhat compared to the days right after the format change.
I can't afford any more new knife threads! 😬

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Well, I could have some fun if it would let us comment on the advertising.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Well, I could have some fun if it would let us comment on the advertising.
Try commercialsihate.com
Great place to vent about idiotic TV commercials, and what-not.

I actually have a few colleagues at work (first-time gun owners), who I plan to introduce this forum to.
One of them has a class next week to get started with their concealed carry permit.
(Someone who previously, I never thought would buy a handgun!!)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts