Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I stopped at Academy on Southside, near US 1 in Jacksonville, FL.
There was some .45 ACP about $35 a box of 50.
Winchester 5.56 20 rd Box $13
Tula .223 20 rd Box $12
Steel 7.62x39 $10

Geoff
Who notes there was some 20 gauge birdshot.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
For folks that reload ,Graph's and Sons has 9mm and 45 bullets in stock. I scored a box of 500 for 14 cents a round not a bad price for 230g coated RNFP target bullets. I got them for a Taylor & Co Smoke Wagon polished short stroke SAA clone in 45LC that I'll blame on Beerhunter with western gunbelt and Stetson I'll post pictures in a few weeks.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I had a backorder from 6 months ago for hornday ELD match 6.5 Creedmore 140 grain bullets that says they are in stock and going to ship. So if your in need of bullets Midsouth Shooters Supply might be worth a look.

·
Super Moderator
29,712 Posts
I had a backorder from 6 months ago for hornday ELD match 6.5 Creedmore 140 grain bullets that says they are in stock and going to ship. So if your in need of bullets Midsouth Shooters Supply might be worth a look.
Thanks for the tip as I use that exact same bullet, which my rifle seems to like best. Although MidSouth is of my regular go to suppliers, these are currently out of stock, but I have 500 waiting to reload anyway.

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Thanks , that's good got know . I have some other calibers i'm waiting for & will check them out . Yes i have ordered some from them before . ;)(y)

P.S. - Where in the world are any of my Lg Pistol Primers ? .. Running low :unsure:

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Thanks for the tip as I use that exact same bullet, which my rifle seems to like best. Although MidSouth is of my regular go to suppliers, these are currently out of stock, but I have 500 waiting to reload anyway.
BH - I use some of them also . Wow , [ 500 ] you sound like me with my .30 Cal Hornady from 125 to 150 gr. all type heads . I have the primers , powder but no damn time as usual :unsure:

P.S. - The way things are going right now , I have to make up list of everything i know i'll never get to . On top of that most of my collection , reloading Etc ;

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I had ordered 500 and I guess I should not be surprised they went that fast. 4 years of this, it is getting old really fast. They have 124 JHP 9mm in stock probably won't last long.
Hi Earl 007 .. Were you referring to full loaded ammo , or bullet heads ?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Just bullets heads
I'll have to check my stock .. I know that have a few boxes , not sure right now what head grain wt they are .. 115's - FMJ's about 1,000 . Varied 124 GR JHP's
Good ones Hornady Speer Sierra etc.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I just received a bulletin from Palmetto State Armory S&W M&P 15 Sport II 5.56 Optics Ready $649.99 local price at Shooters of Jax is $749.99. Rock Island M206 .38 Special Revolver $299.99. Things are coming down.
Geoff
Who was at GT Distributors in Orange Park at opening when the ammo rack was swarmed.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I just received a bulletin from Palmetto State Armory S&W M&P 15 Sport II 5.56 Optics Ready $649.99 local price at Shooters of Jax is $749.99. Rock Island M206 .38 Special Revolver $299.99. Things are coming down.
Geoff
Who was at GT Distributors in Orange Park at opening when the ammo rack was swarmed.
Thanks Mr. Skeptic . Very Tempted on both actually . Re the .38 is that a snubby, I like 4" minimum . I have a M10 with 6" barrel leo trade in now .

The l&g's are so so , thought I'd load up some hard cast as they're .001 larger in diameter . No time right now though . (y)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I just got a bulletin from Shooters of Jacksonville: Taurus G2C Black 9mm $239.99! Wow! Almost back to normal.
Geoff
Who notes it is obviously not for White People, with a name like that.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
I got an email from Freedom Munitions today announcing a sale, and some of their 9mm is less than $.45 per round. That’s still too high to inter4st me, but I know some around here have been paying over $.50 per round, so thought I’d pass the info along.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I got an email from Freedom Munitions today announcing a sale, and some of their 9mm is less than $.45 per round. That’s still too ihgh to inter4st me, but I know some around here have been paying over $.50 per round, so thought I’d pass the info along.

Hi Rick .. Very nice of you to share .. $25. per box normally now ? These are Remanu' ? .. i had better get on the stick , and start loading up my 9's then . Back when i bought some & were 'primed cases' in Eldorado nickel/brass .

I also have many in nice once fired cases in [ 2 ] bins . Plenty of primers and many powders and assorted heads . Also hard cast with single groove lube rings . I have a few 9mm's guns w/ regular l&g's , and not polygonal *.

* I understand it is not recommend to shoot h/cast out of those handguns .

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi Rick .. Very nice of you to share .. $25. per box normally now ? These are Remanu' ? .. i had better get on the stick , and start loading up my 9's then . Back when i bought some & were 'primed cases' in Eldorado nickel/brass .

I also have many in nice once fired cases in [ 2 ] bins . Plenty of primers and many powders and assorted heads . Also hard cast with single groove lube rings . I have a few 9mm's guns w/ regular l&g's , and not polygonal *.

* I understand it is not recommend to shoot h/cast out of those handguns .
Does the powder coating process for lead bullets aid the use in barrels not intended for soft lead?
Geoff
Who is curious.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts