Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I was out and about and stopped at Academy on Southside Rd, in Jacksonville. It was 10 AM or 1000 hours and they had 9mm Ammo, 40 Cal Ammo and 5.45x39 Russian, some 12 gauge birdshot too.

There were some 9mm Glocks and Berettas in the display case, as well as Heritage revolvers, NO RF Ammo however.

So, in the immortal words; "Howze by you?"

Geoff
Who is curious.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I’m not so sure. I picked up a new pistol today and right after I got cleared by NICS, a warning came across the computer screen and said that due to extremely high volume the weight period would be a minimum of four hours. I think the rush is back on.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Folks,
I was out and about and stopped at Academy on Southside Rd, in Jacksonville. It was 10 AM or 1000 hours and they had 9mm Ammo, 40 Cal Ammo and 5.45x39 Russian, some 12 gauge birdshot too.

There were some 9mm Glocks and Berettas in the display case, as well as Heritage revolvers, NO RF Ammo however.

So, in the immortal words; "Howze by you?"

Geoff
Who is curious.
For me, while ammo inventory might be starting to return (and I emphasize "Starting"), the prices haven't reduced. I'm putting together another pricing sheet like I did in 2016. No movement in prices as of now.

Now, you mentioned Academy. I checked Bass Pro and Cabella's. All of their websites say "Out of stock" both for "on-line" sales (which they deliberately say they are't doing right now), but they also say their stores are out of stock on the website as well. I checked the two closest to me (Gainesville and Tampa/Brandon) and both are out of stock. But that doesn't mean the stores don't have inventory. They just aren't advertising it on-line. So I have to wonder if it's worth calling them to see if they actually do have inventory in the store, for the prices they have on-line. Otherwise, it's all about the currently "high" prices on the main sites (checked via Ammoseek) as well as GunBroker.

I might have to get a little bit at these prices in order to do my test/check fires of my new "inventory." But, other than that, I'm going to hold out until prices drop considerably.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
For me, while ammo inventory might be starting to return (and I emphasize "Starting"), the prices haven't reduced. I'm putting together another pricing sheet like I did in 2016. No movement in prices as of now.

Now, you mentioned Academy. I checked Bass Pro and Cabella's. All of their websites say "Out of stock" both for "on-line" sales (which they deliberately say they are't doing right now), but they also say their stores are out of stock on the website as well. I checked the two closest to me (Gainesville and Tampa/Brandon) and both are out of stock. But that doesn't mean the stores don't have inventory. They just aren't advertising it on-line. So I have to wonder if it's worth calling them to see if they actually do have inventory in the store, for the prices they have on-line. Otherwise, it's all about the currently "high" prices on the main sites (checked via Ammoseek) as well as GunBroker.

I might have to get a little bit at these prices in order to do my test/check fires of my new "inventory." But, other than that, I'm going to hold out until prices drop considerably.
Agreed my friend . as i have just done the same thing as you re B.P Shops .. My B.I.Law in Az. keeps me apprised of action near him out there .. I believe it's Sportsman Warehouse . He is an avid shooter & most of the shelves out there are empty , except for a few odds and ends not in demand . [ not good there ] :unsure:

·
Registered
20,839 Posts
2 mass shootings and bills going to congress should be enough for a resurgence in demand...it's what's for dinner...

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
The shop saw a resurgence two weeks ago, and no abatement as of this past Friday. Boss man wanted to know if I had any shotty cases at my place as there's been a run on 12 ga. in anything for some time and we've been out for months.

I brought in 1000 [ 4 cases ] rds and put 400.00 in my pocket, we now have 12 ga. back in stock. He knows I've got another 8 cases I'll let go if he needs more [ 4K rds ].

Been making some serious cash selling ammo at the prices it's going for today. Reducing the stock to a level that I'm comfortable with keeping. No need to have 30K rds of 9, 8K in 308, not 18K in 223 when I haven't been doing the kind of shooting I used to do for a few years now.

Getting bored with shooting [ the defensive skills practice ], but just bought a Ruger Wrangler 22lr SA. I'll take that to the desert and pop cans off the ground from 3/4 hip keeping the eye/hand coordination. Shoot all day for pennies, gotta find something to do [ shoot ] that's fun from now on or there'll be no shooting at all [ which has been the case for a while as I'm bored with it after decades and hundreds of thousands rounds downrange ].

·
Registered
73 Posts
A good assortment of guns at my LGS including long guns. Owner said ammo was still scarce for .233 and 5.56, had some supply of 9mm but price was still high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
A good assortment of guns at my LGS including long guns. Owner said ammo was still scarce for .233 and 5.56, had some supply of 9mm but price was still high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Mamiela .. Yes , my Bud up in Ga said the exact same things where he is . He also told me that i could never keep up with the demand for .223/5.56 . As he is the only one that i load up new and reload on occasion for him ..

I have components galore to do just that , but renege to sell to anyone else . He knows that & likes to taunt me once in a while .. Besides with my wife's bad condition , it's a full time job and no time to do anything else but be caretaker .

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Folks,
Yesterday visited Academy where Southside in Jacksonville meets US 1 (Phillips Highway) they had .223 and 5.56 including Winchester XM193 in small bulk packs, limit 2 boxes.

No rimfire. No pistol ammo.

Geoff
Who hopes we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I picked up a transfer last night and the backround check took a few seconds. The clerk even commented out loud that it was really fast. Perhaps they just know I’m a good guy. 😜

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
Folks,
Yesterday visited Academy where Southside in Jacksonville meets US 1 (Phillips Highway) they had .223 and 5.56 including Winchester XM193 in small bulk packs, limit 2 boxes.

No rimfire. No pistol ammo.

Geoff
Who hopes we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
How were the prices?

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Natchez sent me an email with ammo ads.
Some for common calibers and some for ".416 Rigby". :D

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How were the prices?
High, compared to the best I can recall, however I do not know Academy Prices that well, I buy Winchester White Box 115 gr HP and WWB NATO 124 ball there, only on sale.
Geoff
Who doesn't recall his last purchase there.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On the pricing front, I just received a bulletin from Palmetto State Arms (PSA) which I suspect everyone gets daily if they ever ordered from PSA. CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 115 gr FMJ 50 rounds for $35.99, last time I bought it it was just under $10 for the same box, in a batch of 20, with free shipping.
However, they also had PSA AR15 Freedom Classic Lower, Flat Dark Earth grip and stock for only $199.99 previous best sale price I can remember was $149.99. PAS 16" Mid-length 5.56 NATO 1:7 Nitride Classic Upper with BGC and CH for $299.99 best sale price I can remember was about $199.99 so things are coming down.

Geoff
Who notes wish books are now sent page by electronic page now days. I remember when certain catalogs were used as a tool of violence, the charge was Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

·
Registered
20,839 Posts
i remember when frankfurters were a nickel....

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
I’m not so sure. I picked up a new pistol today and right after I got cleared by NICS, a warning came across the computer screen and said that due to extremely high volume the weight period would be a minimum of four hours. I think the rush is back on.
And just what, pray tell; would that be?

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
And just what, pray tell; would that be?
Rick .. I have no idea , but people are buying up everything in sight . Like Fish stated , a lot of offers for sale on calibers 95% of people don't even own .

I have had 12 k of ass't primers on b/o . However if they're price adjusted to today's market prices , they can keep them . The only thing I'm really short on is large pistol primers , [ 2 ] boxes of 1k in stock .

The rest i'm good to go , especially with my torn tendon and bad rotator cuff . Old age can really be a [email protected]# at times .My last order came in around $30. per 1k , NOT $168. - $200. + :eek::rolleyes:(n)

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Hi Mamiela .. Yes , my Bud up in Ga said the exact same things where he is . He also told me that i could never keep up with the demand for .223/5.56 . As he is the only one that i load up new and reload on occasion for him ..

I have components galore to do just that , but renege to sell to anyone else . He knows that & likes to taunt me once in a while .. Besides with my wife's bad condition , it's a full time job and no time to do anything else but be caretaker .
Sorry to hear that Sir; it’s tough duty...

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Rick .. I have no idea , but people are buying up everything in sight . Like Fish stated , a lot of offers for sale on calibers 95% of people don't even own .

I have had 12 k of ass't primers on b/o . However if they're price adjusted to today's market prices , they can keep them . The only thing I'm really short on is large pistol primers , [ 2 ] boxes of 1k in stock .

The rest i'm good to go , especially with my torn tendon and bad rotator cuff . Old age can really be a [email protected]# at times .My last order came in around $30. per 1k , NOT $168. - $200. + :eek::rolleyes:(n)
I was just wondering what Shark’s new pistol was..

1 - 20 of 74 Posts