Florida Concealed Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if it is really possible that so many members and guest are on the forums that the forums says there is at one time? I mean, if you look at the forum sections, some say there are 50, 70, 160 :eek: people on them and right now when I made this post there was a total of 1,500+/- people on (guest and members).

Just seems to me if that was possible, there would be more then just 30+/- new post every few hours.

Maybe this forum script is running off of other scripts (main pages/other forums, that I can't see)? Or the cut off time for members active must be days, I guess that would look good for sponsors.

Really none of my business, just something I was wondering about.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Hey MrSteve I looked into your concern about forum stats and the the settings on the forum is as follows

Who's Online Refresh Period
Time period in seconds to refresh the Who's Online display. 60 seconds
The server hits are also inline with the visitor amounts. I wish that I had an explanation why members don't post more. Also remember that guests can't post so active members are around 200 of the 500 registered so the post count is only going to be from the 200 active members.

I took a look at the stats from much larger forums and the post count is also just a fraction of active members.

I hope this helps.

Norm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... It is just a shame that so many people are on (members) and just don't have much to say. I would bet there is so much info (good and bad) out there that they could be talking about.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Easy, Boys. I lurk often, but that is because I am reading to learn and don't have enough knowledge to add anything intelligent to the thread. Of course, if you've read any of my posts, you will notice that doesn't always stop me. :eek:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Easy, Boys. I lurk often, but that is because I am reading to learn and don't have enough knowledge to add anything intelligent to the thread.
Now if you said learning to read I would be nervous. :)

One good thing about being in the learning stage, you may ask questions that all of us can learn from. Recently somebody asked for help with their technique. Many of us will learn from the replies to a question asked by a newbie.

·
Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
If all the lurkers were posting, I don't think there's any way that we could keep up with this forum.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I'm a moderator on another forum that has Threads: 136,144, Posts: 1,304,876, Members: 35,389 with only about a dozen moderators..it can be done..I do agree though that most are lurkers but thats usually the norm on any forum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My own forum stats:

925 threads; 11,078 posts; 7326 members; 91 active posters

Brownie

Active posters are the members that have been on your forums posting for what ever giving time (day, month, year)... When I went to your site, there was 3 members and 2 lurkers (me being one of them) on... Really a huge difference about what I was talking about for this forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Easy, Boys. I lurk often, but that is because I am reading to learn and don't have enough knowledge to add anything intelligent to the thread.
Thankfully the moderators allow people such as myself to post. I've been on here since July and haven't even had so much as a warning from them trying to stop me from sharing my ignorance with everyone.

MamaBear

·
Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
MB, you contribute much, and the moderators would catch heck if they tried to shut you down. The folks with all the experience wouldn't have much to say without the intelligent questions that folks like you bring.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
MB, you contribute much, and the moderators would catch heck if they tried to shut you down. The folks with all the experience wouldn't have much to say without the intelligent questions that folks like you bring.
That's mighty nice of you to say, Steve. I prefer to think of my questions as 'genuine' not necessarily intelligent. There is a huge difference.

My inquisitive nature about something new keeps me coming back here because there are so many experienced guys that don't mind my simple-minded questions. I also appreciate the fact that they don't treat me as some dumb broad. They have learned by now that if they tick me off I'll just take them back behind the shed and clean their mouths out with soap. All in good fun, of course. I've said it before that I know I'm on a 'man' site but they tolerate my presence. I feel quite comfy here. I have no problem keeping the 'anyone should know that' type of questions coming.

MamaBear

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thankfully the moderators allow people such as myself to post. I've been on here since July and haven't even had so much as a warning from them trying to stop me from sharing my ignorance with everyone.

MamaBear
MamaBear
you keep me coming back
you ask the questions i am scared to ask! :puke

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.