Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that the way the Florida statute for concealed carry is written, it only allows for the legal concealed carry of one firearm.
The license itself does read "weapon or firearm" (singular).
The statute also uses singular language "Any person in compliance with the terms of such license may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm notwithstanding the provisions of s. 790.01."

Seems to me this could be viewed as prohibiting you from carrying more than one weapon of any type at a time. Thoughts?

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
yes

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
No one with a CWFL has ever been arrested for carrying more than one firearm, as far as I am able to determine. If you were, I think you would have to have a REALLY lame defense attorney if he could not make the argument that the law does not restrict you to ONLY one firearm. In fact, I would be pretty surprised if any prosecutor would even try to press such a charge.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I carry multiple firearms.

Usually a primary and a BUG. Sometimes I even lug around a SBR in a 5.11 sling bag.

·
Registered
55,202 Posts
But don't you feel the wording implies otherwise?
You've been given the answer, if you don't feel comfortable carrying more than one, don't carry more than one.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I read somewhere that the way the Florida statute for concealed carry is written, it only allows for the legal concealed carry of one firearm.
The license itself does read "weapon or firearm" (singular).
The statute also uses singular language "Any person in compliance with the terms of such license may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm notwithstanding the provisions of s. 790.01."

Seems to me this could be viewed as prohibiting you from carrying more than one weapon of any type at a time. Thoughts?
Logically, if this were true, you could never bring home a box of steak knives.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
My N.A.A. 22LR. is "ALWAYS" with me (with a very few exceptions.)
My Kimber Micro is on me when I go anyplace (With a few exceptions)
You just don't take any guns into a VA facility or a ""WAFFEL HOUSE"""
Ronnie

·
Registered
20,764 Posts
The only time you can be carrying too many guns or too much ammo is when you are drowning or on fire...carry away...

·
Registered
815 Posts
No restrictions on the count of concealable firearms you can have on you. When hunting, I will have a rifle, large caliber handgun outside the waistband, and even a bug on me sometimes depending on the situation. Or I might have an extra in my hunting pack as well. Can never have too many!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts