Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
I just posted this this morning on FB:

So... How will the progressives reconcile their anti-2nd Amendment stance with disbanding law enforcement (police), since that's who they claim we should all call when trouble finds us?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I just posted this this morning on FB:

So... How will the progressives reconcile their anti-2nd Amendment stance with disbanding law enforcement (police), since that's who they claim we should all call when trouble finds us?
They've never had to reconcile anything. They've been favoring criminals over lawful citizens for as long as I can remember. Opening jails, opening borders, decriminalizing theft, using ANTIFA to violently suppress free speech and outlawing legal self defense. They destroy rights, destroy wealth and destroy the fabric of the communities they take over. Once great cities turn into toilets under the Dems. Most of this police abuse and rioting are happening in Areas where the Dems have had control for generations. Not to mention nearly all their gun violence. Their idea of reconciliation is to blame Republicans for the failure of Democrats. They're burning down communities that have been run by Dems and blaming Trump.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
You all may be correct.
The former anti-gunners may come to the conclusion that one of the reasons founders wanted people to have arms was to defend against a Monarch/dictator,and that that situation has finally happened. I have been of that belief since I bought my first gun.
Since non-gunners are a very large group (majority) and they could buy guns because of the second amend.,things could change.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You all may be correct.
The former anti-gunners may come to the conclusion that one of the reasons founders wanted people to have arms was to defend against a Monarch/dictator,and that that situation has finally happened. I have been of that belief since I bought my first gun.
Since non-gunners are a very large group (majority) and they could buy guns because of the second amend.,things could change.
I've always felt that defending against "tyranny" was less about the Federal government or even legitimate local governments. I think it's more about small groups that try to "govern" an area without authority. These rioters are "governing" the city streets. ANTIFA is "governing" the streets in certain cities and violently enforcing the Dems message. This is where the 2A really comes into play and why the Progressives need to destroy it.

Hopefully some of these new gun owners will vote to protect their newly realized rights. Dems are all about FEELINGS. It's fine to TALK and FEEL about gun rights but VOTING is all that matters.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I've always felt that defending against "tyranny" was less about the Federal government or even legitimate local governments. I think it's more about small groups that try to "govern" an area without authority. These rioters are "governing" the city streets. ANTIFA is "governing" the streets in certain cities and violently enforcing the Dems message. This is where the 2A really comes into play and why the Progressives need to destroy it.

Hopefully some of these new gun owners will vote to protect their newly realized rights. Dems are all about FEELINGS. It's fine to TALK and FEEL about gun rights but VOTING is all that matters.
That fits in perfectly with current events but when BHO was POTUS, MANY HERE were talking about fear of gov't.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Not just a tyrannical Government, but a government that fails in its obligations to its citizens. For example, we do not have to completely rewrite/redefine our system, we could replace all the government staff and personnel with people capable of governing. That is the reserved privilege in our design (among others).

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Not just a tyrannical Government, but a government that fails in its obligations to its citizens. For example, we do not have to completely rewrite/redefine our system, we could replace all the government staff and personnel with people capable of governing. That is the reserved privilege in our design (among others).
A tyrannical government and a government that fails in it's obligations are the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
26,350 Posts
Reactions: C&R

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Every tyrannical government fails in its obligations. Not every government that fails in its obligations is tyrannical.
Interesting but I need to think about your point to see if I agree.

·
Super Moderator
26,350 Posts
Every tyrannical government fails in its obligations. Not every government that fails in its obligations is tyrannical.
Exactly my point in post #10, which I thought was obvious, but apparently not to at least one. o_O

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
A tyrannical government and a government that fails in it's obligations are the same thing.
not. quite.

While a tyrannical government is exercising a failing, A government that cannot execute its own policies to the satisfaction of its people is failing.

For example, and this has nothing to do with anyone's agreement or disagreement of this example's policy. If a City Council feels the need to disband its police force, they are doing so because said police force has failed to do its job. At some time the people, through its City Council put into place a police force with the objective to perform whatever it is they wrote into the Charter. Now,there is a call to disband because they did not perform to their reason for existence. That is an example of a failed government agency. it did not perform its task.

And before everyone else chimes in, The point is the creation and the disbanding of an agency. The how and the why is irrelevant to this point.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
not. quite.

While a tyrannical government is exercising a failing, A government that cannot execute its own policies to the satisfaction of its people is failing.

For example, and this has nothing to do with anyone's agreement or disagreement of this example's policy. If a City Council feels the need to disband its police force, they are doing so because said police force has failed to do its job. At some time the people, through its City Council put into place a police force with the objective to perform whatever it is they wrote into the Charter. Now,there is a call to disband because they did not perform to their reason for existence. That is an example of a failed government agency. it did not perform its task.

And before everyone else chimes in, The point is the creation and the disbanding of an agency. The how and the why is irrelevant to this point.
Sorry,I thought we were talking about a GOVERNMENT not just an agency.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
That fits in perfectly with current events but when BHO was POTUS, MANY HERE were talking about fear of gov't.
And who set up the current events? I don't see conservative groups rioting, burning businesses, assaulting/murdering people or calling for citizens and police to disarm and bow before the mob.

It was under BHO that we saw groups like BLM and ANTIFA become the enforcement arm of the Dems. We saw Dem groups openly commit political violence with the approval of local officials (no prosecutions). It was under BHO that the IRS, FBI etc... were weaponized against conservative groups. BHO openly called for his followers to "get in their faces" if people disagreed and Dem lawmakers called for open harassment of conservatives. BHO is the one who really pushed for this type of mob rule. He made it crystal clear why the Dems have been against the 2A for so long. BHO gave us plenty of genuine things to fear. Not just fake calls of racism sexism from propaganda networks. Dems have a deep hatred for Trump but can't express it with any real detail. They can only parrot general ideas they've been fed.

Now we're seeing how quickly and powerfully the mob can shape new policy like defunding the police and destroy anyone who disagrees. The Dems have been pushing for mob rule over clear thinking for some time now. It's much easier to stir up an ignorant mob than have a real discussion.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Sorry,I thought we were talking about a GOVERNMENT not just an agency.
Our government is made up of agencies that execute the policies of the leadership. But, you already new that.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts