Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jabs between the various military services are often quite funny. I'll start! Add your own!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
:rofl

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
Marines...the Dept of the Navy..the Men's Dept

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my favorite parodies....

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
How do you get a Marine or a POG off of your front porch?

Pay for the pizza.

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
How do you get a Marine or a POG off of your front porch?

Pay for the pizza.
Sounds like somebody had room service in the air farce. :grin

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
How do you seperate the men from the boys in the Navy? With a prybar

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Submariners: 120 men submerge.... 60 couples surface!

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
“If the Army or the Navy ever look on heaven’s scene, they will find their girlfriends sleeping......with United States Marines!” :grin

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Sounds like somebody had room service in the air farce. :grin
Of course, I don't eat crayons and I could pass the ASVAB with scores in the 99th percentile. :grin

United States Air Force: When your branch is entrusted with the weapons to destroy all of humanity, of course there will be haters...

Until.they start whining for Close Air Support...

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
In Vietnam, close air support was ALWAYS Navy or Marines pilots. AF was known for defining “close” with 5000 ft or so. :rofl

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
In Vietnam, close air support was ALWAYS Navy or Marines pilots. AF was known for defining “close” with 5000 ft or so. :rofl
:rofl

Thst may be. My last tour in Afghanistan, the Marine unit I was posted to was very fond of saying "Sorry about giving you sh*t about the chair force sir, could you please call in the A-10s!" :grin

After 14 years in, most of those being in a "joint" (multi-service) environment. I came away with the following:

USAF and USMC: Worked well together. Marines were always scrounging for **** they did not have, and the USAF always had a surplus. (Like M995 and SLAP ammo) Take care of your Marines and hook them up with sh*t they were needing and they would go to the ends of the earth for you. One of the biggest honors (to me) was when they gave me a few sets of USMC digi-cams (with a USAF tape, so I was not impersonating a Marine), and a couple of USMC rucks.
"Here sir, wear these, it would suck a$$ if you got sent home."

Must have been the 64 color crayola snack packs I kept giving them.. :rofl

·
Registered
5,089 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
USAF to the offense...

:rofl...enjoy from a 1961-65 AP who carried a M-1 carbine and a left over Colt.45...plus I got a good conduct medal for never having a B-47 bomber or a ATLAS missile stolen while I guarded them :thumsup

Attachments

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
I think, from observation and speaking with servicemen from various branches, that the services today are much more cooperative, up and down the ranks than in my time. Perhaps because of the overall voluntary nature of the ranks as opposed to the a voluntary nature of the a Marine Corps/Navy vs the Army in years gone by. Obviously, the AF has evolved mission wise too. :thumsup

Sidenote, my Dad was Army, first NY National Guard (69th Reg) then regular Army in WWII. Two older brothers in the a Navy, both aboard Carriers (USS Hornet and USS Wasp) during Korea, third older brother was NY ANG and me, obviously, the Corps.

The crap really flew freely in my house but EVERYONE served somewhere. :grin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts